Visiting HCMC for the first time in April

During the last 5 years I have spent about 12 months in SE Asia divided between Thailand and the Philippines. I am constantly reminded that Vietnam is a "must" visit. I leave for Thailand March 3 with a return flight on June 16. In addition Thailand the the PI this trip I would like to spend 3 weeks in HCMC beginning early April. I have started a research project using this forum and other resources to prepare for the visit. Currently I am checking out hotels. Lot to choose from. Hoping someone can recommend an area in HCMC that would offer good access to day and night attractions. Also, any hotel recommendations (2 1/2 to 3 star ratings), would be appreciated. 
Thanks, Michael

You should go to Thai Van Lung Street or Le Thanh Ton Street, the price for Hotel will be cheaper than center around Ben Thanh Market. It's not far, just 3km from the center.
For the place to visit, you can check "visit in Ho Chi Minh City" on google, or you go to hotels or Central post-office to pick up free map (designed like leaflet) so you can travel on foot. For the further attractive place, you search on internet forums or ask tour agency, that's safer and better.

Thanks for the advice....Michael

Welcome to VN😊