How to get internet connection to my apartment?

I'll be staying in Playa del Carmen for 4 months, and I need to use the internet daily for email and such. I would also like to use Netlflix to stream movies and Tv-shows.

Can anyone help me by telling me the best way to get internet connection to my apartment?

I thought I should use tethering since I have an iPhone, but is that the best option? Is it possible to get unlimited internet access monthly at a affordable rate?

There are several internet services in Mexico, and some  hotels use satellite. You can probably get Cablemas in that area.It's pretty reliable and reasonable. Netflex is available , but you won't get the most recent stuff. I would check with my apartment managed if I were you to see what others use..

The owner of the apartment said that it is possible to have internet by using Telmex. He speaks very little English and I on the other hand don't speak Spanish, so our communication is limited.

Could some one help me out on how to make the contract with Telmex and what do I need in order to make one? Is there a office in PDC? Can i rent a router from them? How much does it cost monthly?

Thanks!  :)

There are a number of expats in playa del Carmen. As I understand it you are coming not already here so if I were you I would do a PDC search for expat groups there. Yahoo has groups in different cities.

I would also use Google translate or some other translate program to get over the no Spanish hump.. There are several that work well and some are free. I have 2 on my kindle, I'm sure i-phone can do that also, but I got a Mexican cell because the services from the U.S. really don't work very well here and when they do it's pretty expensive.

There should be yellow pages that will tell you where the nearest telmex is, but then you don't speak Spanish so finding a mentor before you get there might be more of a priority. Cablemas where we live costs about $19.00 a month, we brought a router with us, but they may rent them.

Since your going to be in PdC for a few months, a cable connection or a Telmex connection might take a long time to install and could me more expensive that a USB dongle Telcel USB You can contact them at Telcel locations in PdC

If I can remember correctly to get the Telmex contract you need a bill from your apartment or the rental agreement,it only takes a few days to install and Telmex supplies the modem.It might be a good idea to go to the Telmex store and ask if someone speaks english there or take a spanish speaking person with you.Dont think about getting Axtel they are a nightmare! Good luck.

I thought of using the Telcel dongle (or tethering with my iPhone), but the largest monthly deal is 30GB and costs 1699 MXN.

If I want to watch Netlix and download movies, the 30GB limit will be reached quickly. Also, it seems quite expensive. In Finland we have unlimited internet with under 20 dollars..  :/