Met a Hit and Run Accident.

Car in the lane beside, tried to join my lane and hit my car on right side. As soon as he noticed he got down from the car and checked his car and he left the spot without any discussion. Before he ran away I clicked a picture of his number plate.

When I called Najm, the najm guy saw the pic of his number plate but did not use it while generating the receipt. But he put 100% blame on the other party.

Now I am concerned as my car Insurance is only 3rd party and there is no evidence of the other party. Who's Insurance Company will bear the cost of repair.

I will be thankful if anyone can answer

How much is your loss?
Did najm gave you any receipt pointing the insurance company name, if not I am afraid that you need to fix from your pocket.

Muhammad Hafeez,

Third party insurance means that you get the minimum legal coverage for repairing some one else's car and you undertake to get your own car repaired using your own funds.

In theory, the insurance company of the hit and run car's owner should get your car repaired but because of the large number of hit and run accidents reported daily, Saudi maroor will only chase runners who have caused deaths, injuries or very serious damages.

My advise is not to expect miracles, get your car repaired and get on with your life. :)

Dear Zeesham,

It caused a dent on right side of the car above front wheel and I am not sure if the insurance company is written on the receipt. I will check this on the receipt najm guy handed me with. thanks for your reply.

Dear Riaz,

Though it is a hit and run case but I managed to click a pic of his car's number plate. Will maroor consider it as a proof or evidence to benefit me. :/

Regards
Thanks for your reply.

I dont think so