Employed(Work Permit/VISA) in Netherlands, Work & reside in Belgium

Dear Friends,

I will be employed by a company in Netherlands (Work permit/Visa issued by Netherlands). I will pay the income tax in Netherlands. My assignment will be for a year, initially. My workplace will be in Belgium. I'll be moving with my family (wife and primary school going kid).

I have been given 2 options and need your advice to make a better choice:
Option 1.
Reside in Netherlands and travel cross-border everyday for work (The company says, doing so I can save a lot in taxes). My work location is in Kallo-Belgium, close to the Netherlands' border.
Question:
a. Has anyone done this and currently doing this cross-border trave between Netherlands-Belgium?
b. Do you see any issues with Belgium/Netherlands immigration (like checking documents daily, questioning, etc)
c. Will I be liable to income tax in Belgium?
d. Residing in Netherlands, can my son go to schools in Belgium (international or bilingual)?

Option 2:
Reside in Belgium
a. What additional tax/fee should I pay for the Belgium govt?
b. Will I be liable to income tax in Belgium, in addition to what I pay to Netherlands? (I read on a blog that if a person is resident of Belgium for more than 6 months, he is liable for tax for the income he earns worldwide)
c. Since I hold a Netherlands work permit, In Belgium will I be able to rent accommodation, send my son to a school, etc.?
d. Will the social security I pay in Netherlands be of any help in Belgium?
e. Any other information/issue I need to confirm with the company employing me?

Which of these options would you recommend?
Thanks a lot for your patience in answering these.

Best Regards,

Depends on how much you will earn every month. Move only to save a fortune. Do nothing if sum is not large.

Little commuting is not a big deal.