Courier

Ciao, everyone! Which courier in Malta is the most reliable and has the lowest rates if I want to send a package (20kgs or more) in the Philippines?

i recently relocated to Cyprus and shipped 20 parcels  - (100kg total) and used Maltapost standard parcel delivery and they arrived undamaged and within 6days  - so hats off to Maltapost  - I highly recommend them.

Malta post also gets my vote.

TNT is reliable.

Toon wrote:

i recently relocated to Cyprus and shipped 20 parcels  - (100kg total) and used Maltapost standard parcel delivery and they arrived undamaged and within 6days  - so hats off to Maltapost  - I highly recommend them.

I checked their fees for sending a 20kg (max they accept) parcel to the UK and it comes to over €93.34!
Is this really the lowest price around?

Thanks, everyone!

I checked the Malta Post online rate calculator and 10kgs to Philippines would already cost me €110.00.

When I was in Canada, I used to send parcels back in the Philippines. They provide and deliver the box, $125.00 - unlimited weight, as long as it fits the box. They pick it up too when it's ready. Anything similar in Malta?

I got this for 10Kg Surface Air Lift (SAL)    €87.73    from 15 days, surface mail.

For UK other than London, I got for 20 Kg, Surface Air Lift (SAL)    €81.34 from 15 days

Postage Calculator

Weight: 20000g
Destination: United Kingdom (Others) (Foreign)
Letter or Parcel: Parcel

Post - Reliable & Low Cost

Standard

Registered

Additional Service – Advice of receipt

Delivery Aim

Foreign Parcel Post  €93.34  N/A  N/A  from 6 days 
Surface Air Lift (SAL)  €81.34  N/A  N/A  from 15 days 

========
Above is copy and paste from http://www.maltapost.com/postagecalculator?l=1
Yes, it's cheaper now only €81.34 :)

Note: weight is in grams, perhaps you get low price as I did first: 20g not 20,000g (20kg)

I had amended before you posted  :)

redmik wrote:

I had amended before you posted  :)

No worries Mik. Thanks anyway.

The question remains unanswered: How do people ship stuff to the UK?

It seems other companies (TNT, UPS, DHL etc) are unwilling to advertise their prices. This policy lends itself well to price hikes at the end of a lengthy web process (Ryanair etc used to be masters of this deception but the once common practice is now disallowed by the regulators). Furthermore people cannot complain about misleading or inaccurate advertising!