Thailand VISA Query

Hi, One of my friend travelling from India to Thailand to a client location for 4 weeks. It would be a temporary stay.
My friend has a valid passport and the invitation letter from the client can be produced if needed.

I would like to know
•    What are the procedures, guidelines (in detail) for the employee and employer to follow, also the formalities?
•    What is the type of VISA the employee should possess?
•    What are the other documents which are required from the employee and the employer?

Nishapmp wrote:

Hi, One of my friend travelling from India to Thailand to a client location for 4 weeks. It would be a temporary stay.
My friend has a valid passport and the invitation letter from the client can be produced if needed.

I would like to know
•    What are the procedures, guidelines (in detail) for the employee and employer to follow, also the formalities?
•    What are the other documents which are required from the employee and the employer?

I suggest that you contact the nearest Thai Embassy for the information or read through other posts on this forum for information.

@stumpy: Thanks for the quick response :) .. I have contacted Thai Embassy in India and waiting for their response. Just wanted to check out if anyone else from outside can answer my queries.

Visa to Thailand is much simple.
Its all On arrival Visa. Just pay 1000 THB at the airport and you can get the VISA.

Its very simple
Does your friend land at Swarnaboomi airport or Dong Mueng Airport?

Thank you Raja, But wouldn't he require work permit if he is going there to work for the client.

Raja Chennai wrote:

Visa to Thailand is much simple.
Its all On arrival Visa. Just pay 1000 THB at the airport and you can get the VISA.

Its very simple
Does your friend land at Swarnaboomi airport or Dong Mueng Airport?

Wrong information my friend the guy is coming to work and he is staying for 4 weeks not 15 day VOA! Correct answer is below.

Nishapmp wrote:

I would like to know

Your "friend" needs a B visa. Thai Embassy in India before travel. Here's a link to relevant page Thai Embassy Delhi includes downloadable application form.

He also needs a work permit in Thailand. Company should organise this though.

Thanks a lot. Any idea what are the documents to be produced from the employee as well as employer's side. I have already contacted  Thai Embassy Delhi. They are taking a lot of time to reply.

I guess he needs a B visa and work permit; however, it usually takes months to get the work permit through the system and often times the effort isn't sincere. His company should be on top of that and get the paperwork done before hand. In my limited experience, you submit the necessary paperwork to the employer who then submits it for the work permit, all of which may take a year or more. Maybe I'm not the one to ask, but it doesn't sound feasible to do this within a month, at least not by the book, and if your employer can't answer these questions then I really doubt you'll ever get a work permit.

Phit you might be right
I was there once for my business trip for a week and i was doing the same thing.
For 4 weeks i thought it will be the same.

Thanks for your information

Nishapmp wrote:

Thanks a lot. Any idea what are the documents to be produced from the employee as well as employer's side. I have already contacted  Thai Embassy Delhi. They are taking a lot of time to reply.

All info on requirements for B visa contained here on Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs web site.

If your friend is not physically working its a different class of B visa(see above link) i.e. for a business trip which gives a 90 day entry. In which case no WP required. Your OP sort of suggests he/she will be working.

Hi thetefldon,

Thanks for the information. As of now we are following http://www.vfs-thailand.co.in/Chennai/p … 230914.pdf for the documentation part.