Shall I move to Salalah, Oman??

Hi,

I am a civil engineer and in the middle of the job offer in Salalah.

Please let me know how is the family their with family accommodation and a car.  Please let me know how much are the living expenses and how is the education system for kids. I have 4 kids, eldest in grade 9 now and the youngest in grade 3.

How much shall be the salary expectation for myself with 15 years of experience and masters degree in Civil engineering.

I will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

Naveed Sheikh

navnad wrote:

Hi,

I am a civil engineer and in the middle of the job offer in Salalah.

Please let me know how is the family their with family accommodation and a car.  Please let me know how much are the living expenses and how is the education system for kids. I have 4 kids, eldest in grade 9 now and the youngest in grade 3.

How much shall be the salary expectation for myself with 15 years of experience and masters degree in Civil engineering.

I will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

Naveed Sheikh

Welcome to the forum

I suggest that you post this on the Oman forum. That way you will get more replies. You can also find information on the forum about salaries and expenses.

Hello ! :)

Thread moved to the Salalah forum!

While waiting for other members to help out, I invite you to consult the threads in our section Cost of living in Salalah.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

dear Naveed Sheikh
Life in Oman are generally simple and easy and there is no difficulty for expatriates.
And the life in Salalah very good but not like Muscat and the weather in Salalah much better ,also not very hot in the summer. Salalah is big city & you can found all the services and also it's cheaper than Muscat , also there are many schools for expatriates.
Regarding the offer depends on the company and the type of facilities.
I hope it is clear .

Hi lovernight,

thanks for the response, can you please tell how much will be the monthly expense of 4 if the company is giving accommodation with car and children education. I think they will provide medical benefits also.

Reply soon

Dear
If a company is giving accommodation with car and children education. I think your expense only for food, maybe it will be less than 700 $ per month . and also the life in Salalah cheaper than muscat .

Thanks Dear,

U mean 700 Omani Riyal not $.

not Omani Rials
i mean 700 $

Thanks

Do you know which are the good areas to stay, because if company gives me the housing allowance than where shall I  take place and approximately how much.

welcome

dear ,,
There are many good area , but first you have to know name and location for the company  to choose close area to your company.
actually now am living in Muscat , but i have friends there , they will help any time . when you know location i will send you names & price for good housing . if you want better to contact by this email
( [email protected] ) .

Thank you very much for your help.

I will keep you posted.

What you do in Muscat?

That's a very good salary and perks but what are you presently getting in Canada? please let me know so that I will advise u accordingly

In Canada I am only getting $3000 CAD take home/month with full medical benefits of the family and government retirement plan.

You can take up the job in Oman if the implication is that you dont lose your job in canada. If they give you a 2 year deputation it would be great as it is a government job in canada

No I cant get any leave because I joined in April this year, thats why I am undecided.

What will be cost of children education for my kids in grade 10, 9 4 and 1 at the time of arrival.

Can some one reply to my question for school fees.

navnad wrote:

Can some one reply to my question for school fees.

Brother,
British school system operates in all major cities of Oman. I don't really know about the fee structure in Salalah, however, the fees (In general) for the Muscat branch starts from OMR 300 a month.

You can get the further info at this link -->  BSM Salalah Branch

Thanks schaz for the response.

I think the British school is only upto grade 8, do you know which are the high schools in Oman for grade 9 and 10.