Looking for a job in HCMC :)

Hi Everyone, :)

I am looking for a job in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, that will fit my job experiences (administrative, hospitality, secretarial, English teacher). I will be there early next year (February or March). Is there anyone who can help me? you can send me an email to desireemarinas[at]ymail.com or simply reply on this post.

Thank you.

Desiree

Hi Desiree
most employers would want to meet you in person, wouldn't they?

What are your expectations regarding a salary?

I'm feeling bemused when people advertise vehicles without naming their sale price. Would anyone waste a phone call just to find out the price is too high?! But it might be a strong selling point.

Good luck!

Chris

Hi Desiree,

You can post your resume on www.jobstreet.com or www.vietnamworks.com. By that way, people will see if you are the person that they are looking for. You will also receive email from these websites informing you that they found some jobs that are suitable to you

If you wanna try many ways to find a job. I think it would be perfect if you can write more about you here. Maybe you can write down something in your CV here to show your ability, experience, education, achievement, etc.

How people can help if you just say that you can work in hospitality, can be a secretary, or an administrative. That is really nonsense in my opinion. Do you know how many people out there can do the same job as you? Point is showing people why they can trust you and offer you a job

You are the one who must contact the recruiter not them to send email or text message to ya. If someone offer job for you here, I am not sure if thats the job you are looking for...

There are so many job advertising on vietnamworks.com everyday, you can have a look on that website. Its very useful

Thanks

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the advise. I am applying on those sites but i guess they prefer locals. I am wondering if there are companies in Vietnam hiring Expats. Also, I cannot disclose all the information and my capabilities in here. :)

Thank you,

Desiree

hs0zfe wrote:

Hi Desiree
most employers would want to meet you in person, wouldn't they?

What are your expectations regarding a salary?

I'm feeling bemused when people advertise vehicles without naming their sale price. Would anyone waste a phone call just to find out the price is too high?! But it might be a strong selling point.

Good luck!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. My salary expectation is negotiable. At the moment, I am applying online and I hope I'll be lucky to get a job before moving in there. But I guess those companies prefer locals or those that are in Vietnam already. That's why I came in here to gather ideas on how to get a job in HCMC or companies that are hiring expats.

Have a nice day!

Desiree

Hi,

You can just copy and paste some main information from ur CV

There are many 5 star, 4 star hotels here looking for expat staff. Btws, do u know any filipino friends here? There is a big community of filipino in SG. U may need their help to introduce u some offers. Its easier for u. There r 4 managers in my company are filipino. They work in finishing. Mostly filipino come here to do finishing,or to be housekeepers, dancers, singers.

In my opinion, to find an administrative staff or English teacher job is hard for u. They wont able to pay and do documents for u to just be an administrative staff which local peple can do well. And there are many english native people are looking for teaching job here now

What u can do is finding a sponsor from filipino community. If u love singing, being a singer is a good start

Best regards

Sarah