Salary in Hungary for foreigner

anyone know how much minimun salary for Local/ Foreigner who work in Hungary, especially in Budapest?

lugi wrote:

anyone know how much minimun salary for Local/ Foreigner who work in Hungary, especially in Budapest?

This has been covered in other topics.  Please use the search function.

Hello Lugi

You could check out our section Cost of Living in Budapest to gather some infos and be able to compare your salary.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Dear Lugi,

It depends on the profession and location, you can get estimates based on both of these criteria on this website (Hungarian only, get a friend to help you use it if needed).  fizetesek.hu/ 

The "effective" tax rate in Hungary is about 60% (especially for a foreigner since you do not qualify for any of their tax credits) you will only be getting about 40% to 50% of the gross (brutto) wages listed in the survey.  For this reason I recommend not working for a Hungarian company if at all possible. 

For example I am a U.S. citizen.  If I were to work "online" as a support person 6 hours a day 5 days a week for minimum wage in the U.S. ($7.25) I would net about 200.000 per month which is about the average net white collar salary in Hungary.  Pretty sad but true.