How was your engagement?

when you got engaged to your foreign fiance/fiancee how did it take a place? Did he asked you direct/Did she gave you the direct answer? Any funny incident happened?
One of my friends told me his ring was in a big box fell into water and he had to jump into water to save the ring....and with soaked cloths he proposed his girl.  :)

I hardly remember as I've been engaged so many times.
They sort of merge into one after a while.

Not so special, for me he took me to the Perth zoo...(I was in touris visa) his parent, and some ppls around us and also the animals and that was it...

I don't know how I proposed or got proposed................but though you have asked so I will try to remember if in future I get any proposal..............or if I propose anyone.............. :/

Actually on a dive in Roatan at 40 feet wrote on my dive slate "will you marry me".  She grabbed the slate and wrote on the other side....."maybe" .  Pretty funny.

Bob K

I was in Canada, and had to drink a few beers before phoning my former girlfriend in Australia and proposing. She said "Well, put it in writing..."  To be fair, I had messed her around for a couple of years, until she got fed up with hanging around waiting for The Word, and pushed off home. Well, we had parted a couple of times before, since our original meeting at a Youth Hostel in Greece (which I blogged about in January 2012, under the title "Zorba the Greek"), so I never held her unromantic response against her. We're still together, for better or worse.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR