Face-to-face vs skype job iterview (for no visa holders)?

Hi,

I am trying to find a job in London. I am working in IT and living outside of UK (non-UK citizen - Republic of Macedonia (Balkans)). I am hoping in someone helping me determine or at least give their experience to the following questions (links to relevant resources would be appreciated too):

1. Is it easier to find a job when available for face-to-face interview (for people that require visa sponsorship - no prior work in UK) or your chances to find a job would stay the same as through having a skype interview? And how big of a difference would that be? I am thinking if it pays off to visit London for two weeks and try to land an interview there.
2. Is there a cap like 60K yearly in USA? Is there a cap for IT? Or is there a cap per country (and how big would that be for Republic of Macedonia)?
3. Is there a company visa application period (like 1st of April in USA)?
4. How unique are you for the UK market as a Senior Java Developer/Engineer/Architect?

Best regards,
Dime

di_jey wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to find a job in London. I am working in IT and living outside of UK (non-UK citizen - Republic of Macedonia (Balkans)). I am hoping in someone helping me determine or at least give their experience to the following questions (links to relevant resources would be appreciated too):

1. Is it easier to find a job when available for face-to-face interview (for people that require visa sponsorship - no prior work in UK) or your chances to find a job would stay the same as through having a skype interview? And how big of a difference would that be? I am thinking if it pays off to visit London for two weeks and try to land an interview there.
2. Is there a cap like 60K yearly in USA? Is there a cap for IT? Or is there a cap per country (and how big would that be for Republic of Macedonia)?
3. Is there a company visa application period (like 1st of April in USA)?
4. How unique are you for the UK market as a Senior Java Developer/Engineer/Architect?

Best regards,
Dime

Hiya Di_hey

Can you clarify please - do you want to find work in 1) London or 2) USA?
Thank you,
Chuckle-butty

i am looking forward a guest service job in uk....to more information ....call me on +971 5 57404836

Hello mohamed ajhoum

Concerning your job hunt, I invite you to drop in an advert in the appropriate section of the site : Jobs in London.

This might help.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

hi everybody,
i'm trying to find informations abt how easy to find a job in UK is. i'm planning to go there in 2 months and not sure what kind of visa should i apply for and how is life there.
Can anyone help me plz?

sh2012 wrote:

hi everybody,
i'm trying to find informations abt how easy to find a job in UK is. i'm planning to go there in 2 months and not sure what kind of visa should i apply for and how is life there.
Can anyone help me plz?

Dear sh2012,
Surely if you are planning to be in the UK in the next 2 months you have most of the information? You should check out this website: Www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk- … mmigration
All the information you need is there.
You have to explain the reason for your visit, how much money you have (to support yourself whilst you are here), and give details of your current employer.
I wish you well and safe travelling,
Chuckle Butty