Foreigner Trying to Transfer Money out of Morocco

Hi - I am asking this question on behalf of someone who is currently in Morocco. They need to transfer a relatively small amount of money (about 1000 USD) out of Morocco to someone in New Zealand. They are from NZ and just visiting Morocco for business. She has tried Western Union and Paypal but is unable it seems to send money out of Morocco. Is there any other way to send USD out of Morocco?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there must be some way that a foreigner can send money to another country out of Morocco without an Moroccan bank account.

Hi.

The francophone forum is far more active than the anglophone one, so it might be better to ask your question there, in French.

"Salut - je pose cette question au nom de quelqu'un qui est actuellement au Maroc. Cette personne a besoin de transférer une quantité relativement faible d'argent (environ 1000 €) du Maroc à quelqu'un en Nouvelle-Zélande. Il s'agit d'un nouvelle-Zélandais qui est en visite au Maroc en voyage d' affaires. On a essayé Western Union et Paypal mais il semble impossible d'envoyer de l'argent du Maroc. Y at-il un autre moyen d'envoyer des USD du Maroc?

Toute aide serait grandement appréciée. Je suis sûr qu'il doit y avoir un moyen pour un étranger d'envoyer de l'argent aux autres pays à partir du Maroc sans compte bancaire marocain".

Any replies and you can put them in Google Translate to find out what the people there say. I personally don't have an answer.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services not allowed. Drop advert only in Housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

The only way is to transfer money out of morocco is to go out of morocco: for example you can travel to Spain which is the nearest European country ...then anyway will not be worth it for such small amount. Morocco does not allow money to get out of morocco since is extremely poor country and they need every single penny into the failing economy. Even when you go out of morocco with a large amount of money you will be grilled from the police about where is the origin of that money.Large amount I mean for example 5'000 dollars and up :). Welcome to India- sorry- welcome to Morocco. Where the weather is much better  then the rest of the things.