Looking for more information about studying Arabic in Casablanca

Im new to this website and im just looking for more information on schools for learning Arabic and possibly french .
Im hoping to be a translator and i thought it would be a great opportunity to learn abroad and meet mostly all my family for the first time .

Arabkid wrote:

Im new to this website and im just looking for more information on schools for learning Arabic and possibly french .
Im hoping to be a translator and i thought it would be a great opportunity to learn abroad and meet mostly all my family for the first time .

Hi.

Do you already have some proficiency in these languages? If not, you can completely forget about being a translator in them unless you take up a study in them for a number of years and also learn by immersion. I translate from 2 (sometimes 3) languages into English and also check other people's translations for accuracy in several more (I've been lucky to have learned these, but am not proficient enough to translate from them) but the speciality is hard-won and you have to keep up. There's no point in my using the Swedish of 35 years ago (when I learned it) as language evolves and changes. One has to keep up to date.

Having said that, if you want to learn either Darija or MSA, the best schools in Morocco are in Fez. Do remember that if you want to learn MSA, you will not be able to learn it by immersion as it is not spoken colloquially in Morocco.

Arabkid wrote:

It's too late to edit my previous post. English is not your first language, is it? What languages did you think you could translate to and from?