Cost of living

Hi all,
  I got a job offer in Sur Oman, with salary package of 450 Omani Riyals with (Basic Medical Services, Accommodation with basic Furniture, Annual Air Passage/Tickets).
           Kindly advise me about the followings:
1:- I am single at the moment so is this salary is good for me (And in near future if i get married)?
2:- How is Sur city?
3:- What does Accommodation with basic Furniture means?
  I don't have a high life style, its kinda a middle...
4: Most Important ( I applied for Lecturer position but they offered me Administrative/Managerial role, and asked me to certify my documents from Oman embassy and do a medical check up, I did all, and will get results etc in few days then i will send them scan copies and they will forward it to the Ministry of Education. They said my offer is subject to the approval of Ministry of Education, so  Now the question is that Whether the Ministry of Education wont have any issue that I have experience in Teaching and they offered me administrative position? and how much time they will take to approve my application. and what will be next then?

Hi Junaid. I've tried addressing your query in red font. Hope you find it useful.

Hi all,
  I got a job offer in Sur Oman, with salary package of 450 Omani Riyals with (Basic Medical Services, Accommodation with basic Furniture, Annual Air Passage/Tickets).
           Kindly advise me about the followings:
1:- I am single at the moment so is this salary is good for me (And in near future if i get married)?
Well to accurately judge your salary, you need to take into account how much experience you have, and what is the additional benefits that you might have when compared to your current position. For a single person, generally speaking, this is sufficient to lead a moderate lifestyle. The largest expense in Oman, or anywhere in GCC is rent, but since you mentioned that you are getting accommodation, so that's taken care of. I'll also assume, as is often the case with company provided accommodation, that it's in close proximity to your workplace, so that should keep the travel costs in check too. So here's a summary of other expenses (you may not avail all of them, it's just to give you a rough idea) - food approx 50-60 per month, internet / cable tv - 50 per month, mobile 6-10 per month, other random expenses which may arise - 30-50 per month (my advice is always to keep an extra item in your budget for random things that may arise rather than being surprised if it actually happens). So my guess is that while you're single this salary of 450 is enough as your total monthly expenses shouldn't exceed 150-180 per month, still leaving you with 270-300 as your monthly surplus. Regarding getting married in the near future, as long as you still have accommodation, it will be enough to manage depending on your lifestyle, but don't expect too much in terms of savings with a wife!  ;) 
2:- How is Sur city? Sur is around 140-150 km from Muscat in the North-East part of the country, not as developed or stretched out as Sohar, let alone Muscat. But good beaches and wadi's nearby. Don't expect too much in terms of other entertainment though
3:- What does Accommodation with basic Furniture means? Try to contact your company and ask them, as there's no specific definition, but i'll take a guess that it includes bed, cupboard, basic kitchen appliances (stove, toaster, fridge)
  I don't have a high life style, its kinda a middle...
4: Most Important ( I applied for Lecturer position but they offered me Administrative/Managerial role, and asked me to certify my documents from Oman embassy and do a medical check up, I did all, and will get results etc in few days then i will send them scan copies and they will forward it to the Ministry of Education. They said my offer is subject to the approval of Ministry of Education, so  Now the question is that Whether the Ministry of Education wont have any issue that I have experience in Teaching and they offered me administrative position? and how much time they will take to approve my application. and what will be next then? What the ministry will do is anybody's guess. So to be on the safe side, do not leave your existing job until your visa has been approved! But one thing i don't understand, maybe other memebrs in this forum can shed some light on this, but for visa for Pakistani nationals (I'm assuming Pakistani national since you're listed from Peshawar, the process invloves the company obtaining approval, then calling us on express visa, and undergoing the remaining medical and other visa registration process from Oman only..

Thanks for you kind information..
      Well I got offer from Sur University College which is a private Institute/College in Sur.  I applied there for Lecturer position, I have M.S/M.Phil Computer Sciences Degree but I think they are looking for Phd,s for teaching Position. Since its a College/Educational Institute so they will send my documents to Ministry of Education for further Approval.
I have mostly teaching experience and my last employer was a University here in Pakistan, So Sur University college sent me an offer letter mentioned that "Regarding your application for working at SUC, I am pleased to offer you the position of "Manager Information Technology" with the following conditions:
   Monthly Salary  450 Omani riyals,  Working 40 hours per week,  40 days paid leave, Accommodation with basic Furniture, basic medical facilities, Annual ticket.
   they also mentioned that send them a new medical checkup to Human resource department.
           My question is that whether Ministry of Education will do any objection on this experience thing, because SUC itself offered me Managerial Role,??? I have also more than 10 International research publications. And they offered me 450 salary because of my experience may be..
    Also as you mentioned that medical checkup normally done when you get to Oman on express visa but then why they asked me to do New complete Medical checkup. or it seems that that are sure to get approval from ministry of Education..?? I talked to one of my colleague he said that if some1 apply for job as a labor or company etc so his employer will send his/her documents to Ministry of Labor and for Doctors, Ministry of Health, and normally it done, means approved...