Gulf Air Cancellations

Hi,

My family was booked on a flight on the new route to Moscow. Gulf air cancelled the flight and rebooked them a day later. We have no confidence that this flight won't be cancelled too. There are only 4 seats booked on the whole plan. I am booked to fly a week later and there are only three other seats sold so far. We are all scheduled to come back together and we are the ONLY people on the plane so far.

I spoke to Gulf Air about this and they couldn't guarantee me that none of these flights wouldn't be cancelled too.

I don't know what to do. Chance it and stick with these or cancel and book on another airline (with a connection) so I know the flights won't be cancelled?

Any suggestions?
Anyone on the forum work at Gulf Air (or know someone that does) and can give some additional insight on this?

my suggestion to you my friend is , cancel if possible and bbok with another airline, or you could wait until the next day and see if they cancel your flight again, if it gets canceld then you should and must change the airline, find an airline that would guarntee your flight here from moscow.

wish you all the best

I too agree with mujtaba's views.
Better to rebook on a more reliable airline, even if you will have to transit via one of the regional or international hubs. Gulf Air, unfortunately, does not seem to have got its act together, even after decades of experience in the airline industry.

I am not even sure if what they are doing is legal to be honest. Are you sure they are cancelling the flight just because not enough tickets are sold?

If this is the case, then as others suggested above, go with Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Airways or someone else.

Thanks for the replies.

They wouldn't tell me why it was cancelled. I suggested it was because there were only two seats booked on it. They just said they couldn't tell me the reason, but that flights are cancelled for a number of reasons.

I accepted the rescheduling for another date. Hope it wasn't a mistake! That flight currently shows just four seats booked.

I am pretty certain (but when it comes to Gulf Air, you never know) that the cancellation of the previous flight was not due to the low number of tickets sold. I hope I am not wrong. Unfortunately I do not have anyone who works at Gulf Air who can confirm this for you.