On my Way to Germany

Hello!

I would like to take the time to introduce myself, as I am fairly new to the forum. I am a Nigerian-American who intends to move to Germany in Fall 2017 to first pursue an MBA with a focus in HR (top program choice right now is from Uni Köln) and then a career and life in Germany with mein Schatz (boyfriend/hopefully future hubbie).

In the meantime, I'm taking all steps necessary to familiarize myself with the language, culture, people, etc. I spent this last summer (June to August 2014) in Germany and plan to return again this coming summer (May 2015). My plan is to intern (if I can secure one) through August and then begin a year study abroad at Philipps Universität Marburg. If I can't secure an internship, I will most likely end up teaching English classes somewhere in Hessen (in the process of completing my TEFL certification).

In an attempt to keep myself on track with my goals, I've started blogging my adventures (headinginadirection.com), and I am trying to establish networks, do loads of research, and learn to speak German (Ich verstehe fast alles aber ich muss mein gesprochene und schriftlich Deutsch üben).

I really hope to learn a lot from this site!

Thanks!!

Hello Tee...

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the nice introduction.  :top:

I am confident you will be able to get a lot of informations on this site as well as support from other members here if you have questions.

Hopefully you will be active here since you then will find a lot of nice new contacts.

Cheers

Thanks for the warm welcome  :D !

Very welcome. :cool:

There are not many new members introducing themselves but you will notice same sooner or later....

Welcome on board  :cheers:

I don't see very often a nice introduction and even more less a very organized plan to live abroad.

I whish you all the best and I hope to hear from you a lot.

You go girl!!! :top:

Hey there,

My name is Lisa, and I live in Mannheim.

I started a similar journey 4 years ago. I moved over last January, almost a full year in Germany.

I kept a blog too the whole time (listed on my profile or right under my face on the left there as website if you're interested). It even contains useful information about getting married here. We got married this September.

Feel free to ask anything you're interested in. I moved from Australia and I'm Australian born so the rules were kind to me. I'm happy to share whatever I've learned though!

Cheers
Lisa

Welcome on board teecesset and Lisa :)