LOOKING TO GET JOB IN COOK ISLANDS

Dear All, This is Murad Ali Baig from Malawi. I have done M.COM and currently working as a Warehouse & Logistics manager in local Pharmaceutical company.

I am looking to move to Cook Islands with my family and for that initially i am desperate to get job there. I don't know much about Cook Islands but some of my friends told me that its quite nice and peaceful place on earth. i would be appreciate if anybody could help me to give some jobs leads as i am not aware about real job hunting websites in cook islands.

Furthermore i also want to learn about visa process of cook islands, i couldn't find cook islands embassies worldwide, and what would be the fee and process to get work permit.

I hope someone can help me on this.

murad400 wrote:

Dear All, This is Murad Ali Baig from Malawi. I have done M.COM and currently working as a Warehouse & Logistics manager in local Pharmaceutical company.

I am looking to move to Cook Islands with my family and for that initially i am desperate to get job there. I don't know much about Cook Islands but some of my friends told me that its quite nice and peaceful place on earth. i would be appreciate if anybody could help me to give some jobs leads as i am not aware about real job hunting websites in cook islands.

Furthermore i also want to learn about visa process of cook islands, i couldn't find cook islands embassies worldwide, and what would be the fee and process to get work permit.

I hope someone can help me on this.

Cook Islands are administered by New Zealand Govt and Cook Islanders are NZ citizens.  It is a small place so I seriously doubt whether you will find work there at all. 
The total population is only 11,000 people and very little industry there at all apart from tourism.
Many Cook Islanders work in NZ because there is nothing for them back home.

Thank you Stumpy for the quick response and help.

Hello Murad,

I agree with Stumpy.  Firstly the biggest island within the Cook Islands is only about 10 kilometers long with about the same width.  Economic mismanagement has resulted in growing unemployment and a massive foreign debt.  Compared to a population of about 11,000 that lives on the islands, there are about 30,000 Cook Islanders living in New Zealand and another 10,000 in Australia.

Immigration laws are extremely strict and about the only practical way of landing on the islands would be for a short visit and you will need to have hotel reservations and evidence of cash funds for the duration of your visit.  Changing your status from visitor to resident is virtually impossible.  Even New Zealanders have difficulty staying in the Cook Islands for more than a short period.

While in New Zealand I met several Cook Islanders who had the same opinion that finding work in the Cook Islands can be quite a challenge.  The government there is very keen to keep the islands for it's own people and to keep foreigners out, except for visitors.  At best, The Cook Islands can be seen as an exotic and expensive holiday destination.

Hello,

My name is Alumita from Fiji.
Currently working in Fiji as a Registered Nurse & Midwife.
Am just enquring if any vacancies for nurses & midwives  in your country.

Thanks.

Hi,
if you are registered qualified nurse with experience,why you will not come to new zealand to live and work,
regards
dragan