Hi everyone,

Scenario..
Wife and I are in late 50s
Looking to retire to Bali
Retirement Visa will not be a problem
Looking for a quiet seaside small village style area
Not keen on the Kuta type areas
Have been to Bali but not everywhere

If you have any suggestions as to where the hidden nuggets of unspolit areas away from the madding crowd that we could retire to with scenic coast aspect, beach etc. we would be very appreciative so we start some research and plan to "drop out" in a year or so...

Pierreinsa..

In a word, Ubud, Ubud, Ubud.  Did I mention Ubud?  No, it's not seaside, but we're only 30 minutes from the beaches around Gianyar. 

Seriously, check the link just below my avatar, and read my interview with Expat.com too!

Next best choice...Amed area. 

Cheers!

Ubudian wrote:

In a word, Ubud, Ubud, Ubud.  Did I mention Ubud?  No, it's not seaside, but we're only 30 minutes from the beaches around Gianyar. 

Seriously, check the link just below my avatar, and read my interview with Expat.com too!

Next best choice...Amed area. 

Cheers!

Roy...what is your commission when promoting Ubud?

:D:whistle:

Thanks for replying - will look into it...appreciated...

"Roy...what is your commission when promoting Ubud? "

All the babi guling I can eat!   :D

No more babi left I heard..... :dumbom:

Plenty of babi on Bali...always.   :top:

Of course Galungan is right around the corner, so there will be fewer very soon...but not for long.

Amed would be perfect.I have been going there yearly over last 7 years and seen 80 pc of the island looking for place to retire nxt year also.all the best  Rob

Try up the East coast  near to Padang Bay some beautiful spots but mainly black sand beaches.

Thank you for the info...

Dear Pierreinsa,

I would suggest you Jimbaran which is one of Bali's most natural pristine white sand beaches and an exclusive world class enclave of luxury and refined living. It's a location for celebrated restaurants most of which are a few minutes' walk away, with all the benefits and amenities this implies.

Bali Radar Property offered many villas to rent or buy in this area.

Kind Regards,

Xavier

For the record, Padang Bai is home to one of the best white sand beaches on Bali, the famed “hidden beach” aka, “secret beach” but best known to the locals as pantai kecil, "little beach."  Even CNN is on to it!  Scroll down to #3:

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/esca … hes-409175

Xavier, just for the record, Pierreinsa is from England so how could he possibly be looking for a villa here to buy, since that would be impossible.

In case you're doing some property marketing for Bali Radar, please be sure you have a proper IMTA.  Immigration is full on in high gear deporting foreigners who are working illegally on Bali.

Ubudian wrote:

Xavier, just for the record, Pierreinsa is from England so how could he possibly be looking for a villa here to buy, since that would be impossible.

In case you're doing some property marketing for Bali Radar, please be sure you have a proper IMTA.  Immigration is full on in high gear deporting foreigners who are working illegally on Bali.

I'm sure he wouldn't do that, and the reporter's unusual name is a pure coincidence.
http://baliradar.com/about-us/attachment/x-c-p/

Indeed Fred, pure coincidence.   :lol:

And we live in a world full of coincidences..... :lol:

Hi...

I'm Gde.
Like to stay in the BUKIT area?
Everywhere is so close...Airport 20 Minutes. Beaches...all famous beach in 15 minutes reach...

Seriously fair all in all...
Send me your contact in my inbox.

Cheers...!!!