Moving to Scotland from Florida

Hello, we are moving to Dundee Scotland or Angus area from Florida and i know the weather is cold but that's ok. My only concern is education for my girls, Does any of you know how can education could affect my children? Or what is the difference between USA education system and Scottish education system?  I know education in Scotland is very good but i have not idea how the school system is ? My kids ages are 11 and 15. any experiences you could share?...Please advice?

Thank you,
GG

Hello,

I would say that in general the standard of education in Scotland is very good. There is of course some variation in quality. I was going to give you a description of the system, but there is a good Wikipedia article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Scotland

Perhaps if you read that and then come back with any specific questions which you might have. I will just remind you that even though Scotland is part of the UK, it has a separate education system. Just make sure you don't end up reading something about the system elsewhere in the UK and getting confused.

David

Thank you David very much for the help :)