I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

anyone have any experience with this form and process? I am trying to enter this process but it is terribly confusing as no one at US immigration seems to be able to give me definitive answers for the most simple basic questions........

Out of my realm of expertise.

Bob K

Thx Bob, I think we got it figured out - its not the I-130 i need to fill out but the DS-160.  ( We never wanted to move to the USA, simply visit - our life is here in the DR)...I have been filling out/completing applications in what seems like all my life and never have I seen such a colossal labyrinth as it relates to US immigration forms/applications and procedures!!! * I almost think it is designed that way to discourage you from applying....LOL

I did the i130 for my wife and its been over a year and no visa, A friend of mine is over two years. one person I know had to be fingerprinted three times as they kept losing them. Its a mess no matter what form you are using..
Another friend of mine paid $5200 to an attorney and in 6 months his wife came to usa from mexico. good luck

Update - completed, submitted, paid processing fee for two adults one child (480.00US)for the DS 260 non immigrant visa application. Once we paid the Application fee, registered online for two appointments , one at the VAC( Visa Application Center) where they took the fingerprints and photos of the applicants ( took about 20 minutes) then two days later the appointment at the U.S. embassy where we did the interview which lasted about 25 minutes and result was - all were approved/issued US visa (non immigrant). Process from start to finish(completion of application to interview and issuance) was 8 days total....looks like 4th of July in Washington DC this year!

Wow great job and in record time.  I am impressed.  Thanks for the update

Bob K

Congrats!!!!

And yet, illegal aliens get welfare, drivers license, food stamps, housing, education etc.  All on our dime.  The U.S.  has it backwards, help the legal applicants  & depot the illegals.  For the life of me,  I fail to see the logic in their policies.   Just another reason to be an ex-pat.

Yes the US has it screwed  up, and many here want the same stupidity when it comes to illegals (Haitian, or others)

Bob K

it (figuratively speaking) was a 'piece of cake' .  and we're not anything special, just regular folks....My kid is over the moon over the ideal of visiting  'Disney World' this Summer... ever since we got the visa approval and made our travel plans for the 4th (disney world is on our itnerary)  she is now doing the dishes (occasionally) and taking out the garbage without being asked ( or told as was the case)  !!! LOL

Cloop you said two adults and one child? You don't have an American passport? Is that the form used for a vacation visa to the U.S? Do you think they approved the visa because you are both legally married or because of your financial situation or hers, or both? Just trying to understand how you pulled this off since the U.S. Gov very rarely grants vacation visas to Dominicans unless they have a whole lots of roots back home which they will return to. Thanks.

I wasn't an applicant, just my wife and the two step children. i think it was a combination of the three- Marriage, my employment here, and the children attend private school ( university and elementary respectively). We brang a ****load of documents but the only one the interviewer asked to see was the marriage certificate. Yes it was simply the tourist visa, as I explained to the interviewer our life is here we have no desire to move to the USA only to visit sightsee and shop....

I think the fact you also live here changes things a lot!!!!

Yes, I agree. The interviewer asked quite directly  if I still have a home in the USA, ' 'no,the only thing I have in the USA is a shipping company address for my Amazon purchases, this is my home now for the last two years'.....

Thanks a lot cloop. My brother wants his girlfriend to come to NY and vacation, so that was my reason for asking. I will star a thread. Thanks again.