New in town

Hi my name is Tera just moved here.I am a mom of 2 boys ages 5 and 3.My boys will be starting school in January but would like to meet other mom's with children similar age before then?!.I live in Tamarin and island life is very new to me I am a city girl by nature.Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks Tera

Tera..
I wish you best of luck in your move.. I am planning to move to Mauritius on 2015 as well.
Tell me please how did you plan for your move. did you get a work permit before your move? or did you find a job first?
I can't find jobs online in Mauritius, however I think to pay a visit try to find a job then change my visiting visa to work visa.
tell me the way you have done it to this beautiful island.

Hi Tera,

welcome to Mauritius !!

I'm not that far from you, I live in Flic en Flac, I'm a mother of 3, an 8 years old girl and twins boy/girl 2 and a half yrs old. We could meet someday if you like...where are your boys going to go to school ?
Hope it all goes well for you !!

See ya !

Its a great beautiful island, i would say very safe to live. Good luck for you!

Hiya. i've just read your post and was wondering if you're still in Flic en Flac. This rain is driving me crazy and I'm quite desperate to find something to do with my 18 month old...

thanks

Wiola

Welcome to Mauritius....the next week of rain is going to be pretty bad...

There's a play area inside Bagatelle Mall near the cinemas... At Phoenix Les Halles there's an American Diner with a fun play area... Curious Corner of Chamarel might be a bit young for an 18 month old...

Shame the Junping Castle at Cascavelle is "under construction", everything else at Cascavelle is outdoors.

Strange as it sounds, our 22 month old loves the rain, nothing wrong with a bit of time at the beach :)

Thank you so much for the tips. I will definitely check out those places. Would you be up for meeting up? My daughter and I would be very happy to make some new friends.

Hello,

I have 2 children of 7 and 9 years old, l am ready to meet you up next week if you are free, a good little group, it will be fun for us and for our kids!  Just on Tuesday, l won't have my car, and on Friday, l will work, for the other days, l am free and ready to meet you in flic-en-Flac, in Tamarin or another place.

What do you think about the idea? :)

Stephy

Hi all,

I'm Sheeba and I'm a mum of 3 kids aged 5,3 and 1. My hubby, myself and 3kids will be moving to flic en flac this weekend until dec 2016. Keen to meet up for kids playdate ;-)