Looking for Information on compounds in Jeddah and really worried!!

Hi all,

I hope you might be able to help me, I am looking at a move to Jeddah in late January.

I am getting really worried since I started  looking at the issue of accommodation.

Ideally a  1 bedroom apartment in a compound  would be my ideal place (Arabian homes seems to be the one most recommended).

Could I get an idea of the best compounds, prices, availability and the best way to approach the issue of the long waiting lists.

Really would appreciate any help .....  from a very worried Irish man!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Michael

Hi Michael,
Flats for rent in Saudi Arabia
Please feel free to post an advert in the  section, with details of what you are looking for.

Regards,

David.

What are you coming to do? Single rooms in compounds can be expensive so I hope that you company is paying you accordingly :) Please bring some Guinness with you :)

Try Saudia City its very good place, open as well

Hi Somurchu,

I am coming to Manage a company, any idea of what sort of price for a 1or 2 bedroom apartment so I can judge on budget.

thanks Michael

PS If  only I could bring some  Guinness with me  wouldn't I be the most popular one in the Compound Id say my rent would be free!!!!!!!!!

Thanks will do .

Michael

Thanks David,

Ideally I would like to get into a compound, but thanks for the offer.

Michael

Saudia City is about 45000 for a single and 70000 for two room, if you can gain access. They may not like the idea of your being without a family as it is considered a family compound.

Pity about the Guinness, but don't worry I'm sure that you will find some Harp agus Uisce beatha :)

Search the Jeddah posts for any by Trapezius as he has given extensive information about the compounds.

As for not being on a waiting list it is all in who you know or who your company has contacts with. I am told some have to wait months or a year to get a place while others have no wait at all for the same compound.

Hi Michael - here you go a list; jeddah-blog.com/2013/02/13/jeddah-compounds-housing/
Good luck

Have you checked out Rightcompound dot com yet?

Cliff

Hi Somurchu,

May I ask the price you mentioned is utility fee included? Or just the rental fee of Saudia city?
Thanks a lot!

Cheers
Shingo

I believe it includes utilities as houses aren't setup with meters.

Hey
im from jeddah
you can try Sharbatli compound