Swimming

My 12 year old daughter swims for a club team in Virginia - I would like to start her on a team in SJ when we move in January. Does anyone have any experience/comments/suggestions for swim teams?

Welcome, Suzanne!  I don't have any information for you but hopefully, someone will come along and help you out.  I'd love to hear more of your upcoming move if you would care to share.  My husband and I would like to do some long term renting in the near future in the Rincon area.

Bless!

Hi Schuttzie -
I just went to PR 2 weeks ago for the first time to look at schools and apts. We are renting a furnished apt, and kids are going to school in SJ, husband working in Guayanabo (I may have misspelled that!).  We are so excited. Trying to wrap things up in VA right now and figure out how we will get our "stuff" down there.  2 suitcases each may now do it but we are trying!

How exciting for your family!  Do you speak Spanish?  My husband is learning but I'm procrastinating, lol.  We are both retired with 2 daughters, 19 and 20.  Hoping to get them more independent before we start renting long term in PR.  We just take 2-3 wk vacations at this point.

Hi Suzanne:

There's a really nice natatorium at the Parque Central (http://www.sanjuanciudadpatria.com/en/s … atatorium/).  I have a couple of friends who are triathletes and they train there regularly.  You can probably inquire with the facility to find out about programs.  My friends do their open water work in the Condado Lagoon - year round open water swimming here!

Are you guys military?  I can point you in the direction of different military sports programs here.

Best of luck with your move!

Dan