Panama

Hi

We intend to come over next year in the Spring and have a look around, but there will be no point unless my son is able to come and live there with me. That is really what I need to know to start with, please. Can anyone help with this. I am retired and my son is 48.

Many people live in Panama without obtaining a residency visa.  They do the border runs every six months or every 90 days if they intend to drive in Panama on a US license.  If you plan to get the Pensionado Visa, your son could live with you as a tourist and travel to the border every six months.  If your son happens to be a dependent, I would suggest that you contact an immigration attorney for details on having an adult child as a dependent on a Pensionado Visa.   Dependent children are usually only dependent up to age 18 or 25.  Immigration attorneys in Panama will email the latest residency requirements, free of charge.  Once you make contact with an attorney, you will be able to ask questions specific to your situation.  We contacted 2 law firms in Panama City before moving here.  We were able to compare fees and both firms sent residency requirements packages and estimated fees via email.   Sometimes people are reluctant to contact a Panamanian law firm.    No fear, the residency information is free.  The law firm hopes to get your business in the future, but they will send the information and leave you alone.  It is always best to get this type of information from an immigration attorney.  Then you can feel secure in your plans.