Cape Town -living areas

I am Deepka from Bangalore and interested to get to know about life in Cape Town. I have friends from India who lived and worked there.But they did not live in City of Cape Town itself.
They say bigger cities are more dangerous to reside in,especially for women.Is that all right?
Which areas of City of Cape Town are gud and safe to live in?
I heard Seapoint and Table View are gud areas?Is that all right?Can anybody advise?How much are the average rent fees for 2 room flats in gud areas?

Hi Deepka
Cape Town is pretty safe generally, but as in any city you need to just take normal precautions. Walking alone in the streets at night would not be a good idea. Hpe you enjoy your stay.

Roddy

Cape Town is pretty safe indeed, if you are going to the border suburbs the Durbanville\Kraaifontein\Belville regions are safe, I don't have much experience with others.

Don't live in Parklands, you'll find a lot of Nigerian dealers and prostitutes there at night. ;-)

Hello Deepka22,

Cape Town is the place to be, i studied at the University of Cape Town for 4 years and enjoyed each and every single moment. I felt secured, i went out at night with my friends to pubs and clubs in Long Street.

Vredehoek is also a nice area, you will have a great view of Cape Town itself and the VNA Waterfront and Table mountain.

Camps Bay is posh area with a stunning view as well

Rondebosch is also nice but you will find mainly students as the University of Cape Town is situated there.

Gardens area in Cape Town is also nice, Garden avenue, South African national museum, Iziko museum, are situated there.

Observatory is chilled out with a different feel.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sheetul

Wynberg is a great area, I know of some flats there

hi there, in cape town there is a place for everyone!
it depends on the lifestyle you would want though. the (more) english areas are the city self(vredehoek, gardens, tamboerskloof, greenpoint, seapoint, moulle point, CBD, higgovale) and camps bay. clifton, rondebosch, clairemont, wineberg, constantia and so on. the northen subs like Kraaifontein(be aware, not ALL of kraaifontein is safe to life in) durbanville, bellville, plattekloof, brackenfel and so on is more afrikaans orientated. where will you be working?

I have lived all over cape town and I loved all of it. each areas has a different feel to it though and you will have to decide on what you are willing to pay for a place etc and make your pick from there! shout if you need any help

I've lived in Brackenfell and I didn't like that place much because it's a bit too Afrikaans for me and well, some of them on that side seem to have a bit of a problem with Asians or rather to them, coloured people.

I moved to Somerset West - Helderberg area in Sept 2010 and I LOVE this place! Lots of expats here and quality of living is really good. Close to a lot of other beautiful places like Stellenbosch, Franschhoek etc. It's not too far to get to Cape Town city itself and other places like Bellville, Durbanville etc.