Mauritian Creole class

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if there'd be at least 10 people interested in learning and understanding Mauritian Creole, I was thinking about a relaxed get together class so you could learn to understand the language and the culture.
I live in Flic en Flac..., I am Mauritian, I speak English and french fluently, so if you are interested, I look forward to hear from you, 

Thanks for your replies

Hi
Yes please I want to learn creole, I've been here 10 years and my creole is embarrassingly appalling. I live in Flic en Flac so would be really interested

hi
please include me in your class
i speak english and arabic and little creol
i think we should speak only creol when we meet
i live in trou aux biches in the north

arabman wrote:

hi
please include me in your class
i speak english and arabic and little creol
i think we should speak only creol when we meet
i live in trou aux biches in the north

That's the idea...you live far though...would be too much travelling for you no ??

Emma P wrote:

Hi
Yes please I want to learn creole, I've been here 10 years and my creole is embarrassingly appalling. I live in Flic en Flac so would be really interested

Ok that's cool, I'm waiting for at least 4 more interested people so we can start. Have you got friends who could join in ??

thanks

if the meeting weekly one time and useful then i will continue

Hi, we are two that will be interested but we will have to come up from the north

Regards
N'Tasha

Hi Ntasha,

that's great...that makes 4 people then...
If its once a week, is it ok for you to travel the distance ?

thanks for letting me know

Have you any idea what day and when you will do this? I work Monday to Friday but generally don't start till 12 so mornings up until 11 are fine along with weekends too

give me time i might be able to get a few more, been living here for 20 years and my kids also need to learn. i understand a bit but can't hold a conversation. Will speak to a few people via facebook.

Regards
Nat

Hello !
was thinking week ends : Cascavelle and we could agree on the time with all the others interested...see when most of you are free...
As for me, either Saturday or Sunday is good...

catch you later...

Hello Shénou,

great idea! My husband and I are really interested in your Creol class in Flic en Flac.
We have already started to learn on our own and have some books but it is hard.
Are you still looking for some participants?

Thank you!
Bye

Hi Shenou
a great idea and I would be really interested.Please include me. I live Black River.

Polly100 wrote:

Hi Shenou
a great idea and I would be really interested.Please include me. I live Black River.

Please add another who is also very interested

Hi...I have been here for 6 months...And dnt kno how to speak creole and french. Hope you can count me in too. :)

Je suis intéressé également, j'habite à Flic en Flac.

Bonjour,

Je "koz ene tigit kreol" mais j'aimerai me perfectionner et j'habite à flic-en-Flac. Tenez-moi au courant.
Genevieve

i think it should be free class no money

Hi everyone,
thanks for your interest, here are some more informations about the creole classes:

They will be starting January 2015 as most of us are not available and the festive seasons are here !! So how about Saturday 10th or Sunday 11th January 2015, Cascavelle food court near playground at 3pm ? The first class is a free class.

The reason why these classes are being held is for people to communicate freely in creole and understand the cultural beliefs.

It won't be a free class though as I want to have serious learners. Sorry for those who wanted it to be free but I've been there before and I have to say that even a little investment means serious commitment.

Looking forward to meeting all of you next year,

until then,

zoye nwel ek fer enn bon banane !

GENE78 wrote:

Bonjour,

Je "koz ene tigit kreol" mais j'aimerai me perfectionner et j'habite à flic-en-Flac. Tenez-moi au courant.
Genevieve

Ok on commence en Janvier alors a bientot et bonnes fetes !!

I'm interested in and live in Flic...how much?

Thanks

hi i am interested, please let me know when it will start .

Hello
we are having a first meeting today in front of the kids playground gate in Cascavelle at 3pm,

you are most welcome.

Hi I'm Terry,
Australian staying in Rose Hill & Flic n Flac .......I'm  new & interested in this !
Terry

Flashflanagan wrote:

Hi I'm Terry,
Australian staying in Rose Hill & Flic n Flac .......I'm  new & interested in this !
Terry

Hello
Join us today in Cascavelle then ! 3pm kids playground gate...

see ya

From Terry Australian.
Just saw your post & will try to come.
Such a fantastic opportunity.
Thank you
Terry

corp wrote:

hi i am interested, please let me know when it will start .

Hello

Join us today in Cascavelle kids playground at 3pm.

hope you can come

cheers

Thank you for your prompt reply,
I've just read the updates on your class
time being Saturday 3 pm.
I cannot make that timeline today.
I will have to try for next week.
Terry

Hi
Only saw the post now. Will definitely be interested.
Hope to join you next time.

Hi Shenou,

Are you still offering classes in creole? I am living in Flic en Flac and am interested in learning the language.

Hi Ryan,

I am working on a class for expats to learn french and creole, but this will be next year. If you are interested in following the topic, please follow this post:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 49#3327669

Please reply on that post to let me know what days/times work for you. Thanks!
Veronica