Walking partner

HI, I am retired  and living with my husband  in district 3 Obuda.  I am looking for a walking partner or a city exploring  partner. My husband goes swimming daily  and I would love once a week getting out perhaps to the island or anywhere just to walk .

Hi Ildi,

Not sure if you are the right fit, but I have just had a lovely couple, who has found their apartment for rent with me downtown. They are French and has asked me about:
a) walking groups
b) getting to know Hungarian families to immerse in the Hungarian culture.

For a) I remember there used to be a group of runners (Hashhouse Courriers or so) but then I have lost track. Also, there was a group that sometimes makes events (on Facebook) for expats to walk in the woods of Pilis or Visegrádi Mountains. Or maybe even in the Buda Mountains.

I have told them about expat-blog so once they have moved over (Jan) we might pick the conversation up.
Cheers,

Dez

Thank you so much! I will be in Canada until the end of Jan when I return perhaps they will have settled in and I can connect with them.
Happy Holidays!

dezpapp wrote:

......used to be a group of runners (Hashhouse Courriers or so) but then I have lost track. Also, there was a group that sometimes makes events (on Facebook) for expats to walk in the woods of Pilis or Visegrádi Mountains. Or maybe even in the Buda Mountains...

It's the Hash House Harriers or 3H.  There are groups all over the world. It's usually styled as  a drinking club with a running problem. You can always find a group, sometimes a lot of them, in almost any country.  Usually there's a running route and a walking route - families no problem.  I've participated in many countries - Azerbaijan, Kosovo, Egypt etc.  It's a very good way to meet locals and all types of foreigners.  There's a financial contribution at the end for the drinks (not necessarily alcoholic as there's always a non-alcoholic option). It's hardly anything for the drinks - there's no "profit", it's just for fun.  And a lot of people go on after the walk to restaurants or bars to continue the chat.