Travelers bringing stuff into the country

For some time I have heard one new cellphone and one used phone is permitted to brought into the country by a traveler, although I don´t know if that meant they would confiscate an additional item or what.

An article from El Comercioon Nov 26, 2014 is titled "Artículos que el viajero puede ingresar al país sin pagar impuestos" (Articles the traveler que bring into the country without taxes).

Although enforcement and what is written on the books aren´t necessarily the same, I thought it interesting that the same cellphone rule apparently applies to laptops, tablets, other stuff based on what that article says.

Adicional a lo señalado, todo viajero o jefe de familia, que presente una declaración aduanera, podrá ingresar como efectos de viajero hasta una unidad nueva y una usada de los siguientes artículos portátiles:

A. Cámaras fotográfica.
B. Filmadora.
C. Agenda Electrónica u ordenador personal en tableta (tablet).
D. Equipo de posicionamiento global portátil (GPS).
E. Computador portátil y sus periféricos (mouse, audífonos, cámaras, teclado, y similares).
F. Consola para video juegos (portátiles o no).
G. Calculadora electrónica.

With respect to monitors, desktop computers, printers and other things it sounds like only one is allowed (used or new):

Tanto para el viajero como para el grupo familiar en su conjunto, se permitirá como efectos personales de viajero hasta una unidad, sea nueva o usada, de los siguientes bienes: Reproductor de Imagen/video o sonido portátiles. Televisor (hasta de 24”). Computador de escritorio y sus periféricos (mouse, audífonos, cámaras, teclado, scanner y similares). Prismáticos. Aparato de proyección y pantalla. Monitor de Computadora hasta 22”. Impresora. Teléfono o fax.

is there any people help to bring a phone from states to here?

Let you know how it is when the kids come

what about supplies like toiletries, dry organic foods, a vehicle

Historically, few Gringos have brought cars into Ecuador.

You'll understand why when you read Dom Buonamici's "thesis" on this  complex matter at:

ecuadorrealestate.org(forward-slash)how-to-import-a-car-to-ecuador.

We just returned from our trip this week. Not sure if it was on this forum, but I'd read somewhere that the law allows you to bring in 2 each of cell phones and computers (whether laptop or tablet), however - at least as written in the customs laws - the second of any such device is subject to import tax. I read through the customs form provided on the flight over, and the "second item subject to taxes" rule is in fact written on there.

That said, prior to our visit, our Ecuadorian Spanish instructor told us that they're not known to collect taxes on the second item. As always, I can imagine that the enforcement is subject to the whims of the mood or intentions of the customs agent. Everyone we encountered was very nice and professional, and we actually sailed right through customs even though we were over the limit and our bags were scanned. Perhaps arriving in the middle of the night didn't hurt.