Saudis in western-style clothes?

Hey,
So I'd just like to know how common is it too see Saudi men wearing western-style clothes? For example do the younger generations/teens still wear thobes, or is their clothing westernizing? And how common is it to see women wearing hijab compared to niqab, is there some generational/geographical differences beween these too?
Thanks in Advance :)

Hi,

Males here in any age can wear anything, but women should wear abaya with hijab (scarf on her head) without niqab and if she is in free city she can go out without hijab

Hi Rana
Which one do you consider a "free city"...............?
Best regards

I think i have seen Saudi women in hijab in all the 3 major cities. Jeddah/Riyadh and Dammam. However things in smaller towns is very different. I think its more a matter of personal choice or family restrictions for them than the moral policing. Mind you, I have also seen Saudi lads being stopped for wearing very short shorts.

norbertblum wrote:

Hi Rana
Best regards

She might be saying free city as compared to one city to another, Like Jeddah is a free city as compared to Riyadh :)

norbertblum wrote:

Hi Rana
Best regards

I meant there is some free cities women can go out just wearing abaya without hijab like Jeddah and some areas in Riyadh and Dammam, but in the other cities she should wear hijab

I visit most of the kingdom, i saw many womens without hejab (but onley Abaya and covers the hair)>
i think its changed now in most of kingdome
:)

Rana-A wrote:
norbertblum wrote:

Hi Rana
Best regards

I meant there is some free cities women can go out just wearing abaya without hijab like Jeddah and some areas in Riyadh and Dammam, but in the other cities she should wear hijab

yes true

there is no such thing as free lunch in the world. and there is no such thing as free city in KSA.