Can I get an IPhone unocked in Quito somewhere, if so where

Not bringing a laptop so this will be our in-country telephone as well as internet connection.  It was fairly easy in Bangkok to get the other one unlocked, how about in Ecuador?  Thanks.

Ensatina wrote:

this will be our in-country telephone as well as internet connection.  It was fairly easy in Bangkok to get the other one unlocked, how about in Ecuador?  Thanks.

When I got to Quito last year and was staying temporarily at the South American Explorers clubhouse, SAE's John Caselli walked me over to a nearby shop where they promptly unlocked my T-Mobile "celu" and got me going in EC phone communication.

I suspect you can find help in many stores that sell phones and minutes.  If not, contact the Explorers.

cccmedia in Quito

Great stuff, exactly what I was hoping for.  I think we are staying fairly close to the SAEC clubhouse which makes it easy as well.  Mil gracias.  Mike

Ensatina wrote:

Great stuff...I think we are staying fairly close to the SAE clubhouse which makes it easy as well.  Mil gracias.

Keep in mind that the SAE Quito clubhouse moved this year from the Mariscal Sector to Mariana de Jesus y Ulloa.  It's near the San Gabriel parada of the Americas-Prensa bus line.*

The SAE website remains saexplorers.org

cccmedia in Quito

* The Avenida Americas bus line has enclosed stations as do Trole and Ecovia, but is less well-known among Gringos.