The GrabBike can be found on the GrabTaxi App

A Malaysia-based company behind taxi-booking App, GrabTaxi has launched a new service hosting motorbike drivers that you can call from your smartphone in Ho Chi Minh City.

GrabBike, part of the GrabTaxi App, allows users to order a xe om (motorbike taxi) via either popular Android and iOS smartphones.
http://www.thanhniennews.com/uploaded/thuyhang/2014_11_28/grabbike_jucm.jpg?width=840

GrabTaxi said VietNam is the first market to roll out the GrabBike service. It will pilot the service in HCMC before extending it to other cities or countries. GrabBike will be safer than hailing a traditional xe om, as information about the driver, his photo and the bike's license plate will be displayed. Users will no longer have to worry about haggling or being ripped off as the estimated fees will be displayed on the app.

Those who sign up to become drivers must provide full personal information such as a state ID, drivers' license, residency certificate and such.

GrabTaxi, which started in 2012, is currently in six markets across the region, including Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, VietNam, the Philippines and Indonesia. GrabTaxi is facing growing competition with new entrants such as Easy Taxi entering the region.

Their app requires permissions.

They include access to ALL your files, contacts and personal data stored on your phone, including photos and all other stored data.

There is no way in this world an app like that gets anywhere near my phone, and I strongly suggest everybody uninstall it ASAP.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7471/15278963924_639c9ddb1a.jpg

mas fred wrote:

They include access to ALL your files, contacts and personal data stored on your phone, including photos and all other stored data.

Easy to limit Apps - on Android. Also, replacing the bog-standard Apps that they give away free when you buy a smartphone confuses these Peeping Toms.

I routinely change my IMEI number using an Android App.

thanks will be using this app when I can. Been in Saigon last few days when it was pouring rain and   tried to find a xe om.

Now I can find one for my pregnant wife when we go to Phu San Quoc Te. Bus stop (bus #150) is too far from that hospital.