Just moved to Jeddah from New Zealand

Hey Im chelsea, just moved here to Jeddah from NZ two weeks ago. I have just been given every friday off but need to know where to meet other expats Im dying for good conversation and company!!!

@ ChelseaChantillyrose - Welcome to Jeddah!

Jeddah is a great city for Expats in Saudi Arabia. I will send you my contact details in private message. Let's meetup for a cup of coffee.

welcome, Jeddah is a nice place for expats.
Be careful about regulations here, I think that you know about male/female constrains.
If you don't know about what is allowed in KSA, there are a lot of posts that explain the rules, I suggest you go through them to avoid getting yourself in trouble.

Welcome to Jeddah.

Where are you working? I am from aus - in process of singing a contract for jan/feb... Interested to hear your thoughts on jeddah?? Also will be keen to meet other expats too 😎

ChelseaChantillyrose wrote:

Hey Im chelsea, just moved here to Jeddah from NZ two weeks ago. I have just been given every friday off but need to know where to meet other expats Im dying for good conversation and company!!!

Welcome to Jeddah, and do not rush things so you don't put yourself in troubles with people or authorities. Take your time to know the rules and culture, and eventually you'll find the right people to mingle with. There are lot's of expats in Jeddah - no worries.

Hello chelsea,
welcome to Jeddah, hope you like it here..

I thought I had done loads of research and I knew what to expect.
If I had known what Jeddah was really like.... I wouldn't have come.
I don't feel bitter about Jeddah.
Keeping my fingers crossed to leave at the end of Christmas.
PM me if, if I can help with information.

Hi,I'm Martin from Wales in the Uk.Been here for coming up to one month in Jeddah,always looking for good conversation?

Hi

Doodle

there are few things you can do in Jeddah but what makes any place fun only Friends ..

Doodle wrote:

I thought I had done loads of research and I knew what to expect.
If I had known what Jeddah was really like.... I wouldn't have come.
I don't feel bitter about Jeddah.
Keeping my fingers crossed to leave at the end of Christmas.
PM me if, if I can help with information.

Sorry to hear that Doodle. Surely Jeddah is not everyone's cup of tea, but many have made it home. I think the most important think is to network and make new friends. There is a long list of activities that Jeddawis can do;

-Fine dining
-Snorkeling
-Diving
-Bowling
-Parties (in compounds)
-Cultural events (several consulates offer these weekly)
-Shopping
-Sightseeing
-Hiking/desert safari

The list is endless. The key though, is to get to know some great people. :)

Hi Chelsea
I'm Andy from Wales in the UK. Been here since October. I'm slowly getting used to it.
Take your time.
If you haven't found some ladies to help or you feel you need more info, drop me a line.
Cheers

Try the secret Sheraton beach club. Its not the Sheraton hotel but a separate club further north up the coast. Its expats only ;-)

Hi I have been offered a job in Saudi, but it seems my lungs can be a problem, does anybody know if they refuse a visa because of COPD or emphyseme?

yea i agree with her, things here arent easy for expats (talking as single men) so i cant imaging what female expats go through specially if they dont live in compounds. Gd luck

Hello ,

Currently am in jeddah too ,
I am interested to be closer and we can go to beach at week end and have fun
I look forward to hearing from you
Have nice day ;)

Hi Chelsea,  hope u r having a good time in jeddah
I moved to saudi arabia after I got married,  and I hear u when u said u r dying for conversation
We r in the same boat ..I'm so bored in here  :nothappy:

welcome to jeddah chelsea

Hi chel welcome to jeddah...very nice n cool place...hope we could hangout someday...take care