English Course 3 months and then I want to find work even seasonal

Hello !
My name is Matteo , I live in Padua , I'm 30  , and I'am booking an English course in Sliema 2-3 months from mid- February .
Finished the course I would stop in Malta , at least until September .
I work as a Product Designer , but I have experience in the world of graphic design .
My idea would be to find a job in my field or even as a dishwasher , so I could pay for life in Malta , from March-April onwards.
I wanted to have your opinion about the real feasibility of my project , and how many chances I have to find work in my field or other .
I really appreciate the time dedicated .
I hope one day to be able to reciprocate the favor.

See you soon

Matteo

Hello Matteo,

What's the purpose of your stay here for another 4 months and do low paid manual work only to survive?

For 4 months or 4 years.
I would like to improve my english, myself, and meeting new people.
i would like to do a foreign work experience, and try to live far to italy for a few time.
I'm designer and i like drawing and design,if i find a design or graphic studio in Malta it would be wonderful, but i know, when i finish the english course, or i find, or i make, a job in Malta or i come back in Italy...Because i will have to pay the rent, bills and the Malta life...For this motive I can accept any work...for 4 months...
and continue to look for my real work.

It sounds like a plan.

I wish you success in your learning and future

sounds like a change!! :)
he has some advice to give me?

The best advise I can give you at this stage is to study English hard and don't give up!

With some luck your dreams with come true and you will land your dream job after your English course.

Hi Matteo,

work hard during your English studies.

Finding work as a graphic designer in Malta will be difficult. If you have experience in web design ( web sites and i-gaming or i-games) you could do fine.

A low paid job in restaurants/pubs might be a waste of time unless you are looking for the nice weather and fun here in Malta. It might just cover the minimal costs of living in Malta.

What is your work experience as a graphic designer/product designer?

Cheers
Ricky

I attended a master's degree from a school of Design , where I worked with Italian international companies as " Arneg " and " Roncato ".
Now from two years working in a company where we design equipment and tools for the cake design.

For graphics , I created Brand Identity for activities in my area , from the logo to the website ..
I have the basics of css , html , php and java ...

The links of my linkedin and on-line Portfolios.

https://it.linkedin.com/pub/matteo-toffanin/52/530/2a0https://www.behance.net/toffaninmatteo

Hi,

Your field of work is similar to mine. I tried to find work in Malta, but it's tough. If you are happy to do menial work and enjoy the life style here, then great.

I have taken the self employed route and sell my work via various outlets online (mostly videogame development related).

If you are dedicated and have the motivation to work from home, it's a good way to earn a living.

I wish you success in learning English and in your work. As mentioned above, the igaming scene is big in Malta (very big). So, with the right portfolio, you could eventually land a job with your skills.

If igaming interests you, my advice would be to research the companies, and tailor make a few pieces of work (web design, branding etc).

Here's my folio if you're interested:

https://www.behance.net/woochow

Nice to meet a fellow designer on here  :)

Best wishes,

Thanks Drael.
Firstly i would like to live a good experience away from home.

I don't want make crazy for find a job...i worked in a bar for 2 years, 3 years as a butcher,and when i was sixteen as a milling machine operator.... I belive that i can find a job to live well in Malta...and if, for some month, will not be in the design field, i will not make a tragedy!!

Nice to meet you!!

If you're willing to do 'any' work, whilst you work towards your dream of becoming a designer, then I wish you all the very best. Malta is a beautiful island, and an excellent place to find peace of mind, and make your dreams a reality.

As one poster said in another thread; the wages may be low, but the sun and sea are free. If you can meet your monetary outgoings, and are happy with that, what more could you wish for.

:)

PS -  your Behance link is broken under you profile picture.

MatteoT wrote:

Hello !
My name is Matteo , I live in Padua , I'm 30  , and I'am booking an English course in Sliema 2-3 months from mid- February .
Finished the course I would stop in Malta , at least until September .
I work as a Product Designer , but I have experience in the world of graphic design .
My idea would be to find a job in my field or even as a dishwasher , so I could pay for life in Malta , from March-April onwards.
I wanted to have your opinion about the real feasibility of my project , and how many chances I have to find work in my field or other .
I really appreciate the time dedicated .
I hope one day to be able to reciprocate the favor.

See you soon

Matteo

------------------------------------------------------
You sad you wish to improve your English.  Are you willing to consider taking online classes?