Day to day life in Ho Chi Minh

I am moving to Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh) for work and my girlfriend will move out with me. Will there be enouph for her to do without getting to bored while im at work if she doesnt find a job? i dont want her to get there and hate it because she is always just waiting for me.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

If her experience is like mine (I moved over here without a job) the first couple of weeks or even first month will be so jam-packed with doing new things and formalities (getting set up, finding a motorbike, etc.) that she will probably be very busy. After that, it will start to get boring if she doesn't find something to do. I would recommend getting involved with some local charities or find a group of people that share a hobby and go into it. If you need help finding some local charities that she may be interested in, let me know. I do some work with Catholic charities in Saigon and know a lot of people that would be glad to help her find something to do with her free time. It is also a great way to socialize with some very decent people.

Even if you only plan on staying a short while, I would recommend to her (and you) to take a Vietnamese class. It will give her something to do, and it is a lot more fun in Vietnam when you can speak a few basic phrases.

Thanks for your great advice! I've just been told I will be based in Dak Lak. Do you have any idea of this area?

I will probably spend weekends etc in Ho Chi Minh.

That is an area in the central highlands. That is a very long drive to Saigon. It looks short on the map, but it will take you a very long day to drive that. Luckily flights are pretty cheap. I don't know much about the area. I just went there one time to help an orphanage in a rural area. The weather was very nice.

Hot, climate and you are entering the dry season I believe.

Revelant to her interest:
I posted a job wanted note in the jobs section, about the need for foreign teachers in our 17 offices, one of which is in Buon  Ma Thuot, Dak Lak. So if she want to work as a language teacher, please check the job section for Ocean Edu's note with specific details.