Where can i find some cheap courses in Slovenian?

Hi all!

I'm Mike, twenty five years old and from Ireland. I'll be moving to Slovenia in January to teach English and guitar and I'm on here to get in touch with the expat community and make some contacts before I get there so I'll be able to have the chats with some fellow foreigners! Anybody with information on English language posts or who knows where I can find some cheap courses in Slovenian, I would particularly like to hear from you!

thanks!

Hi,the best teachers are native speakers ... so it makes sense  you chat with Slovenian people.

Here is link to useful website for foreigners y will need in future too :

http://www.infotujci.si/index.php?setLang=EN&t=&id=

http://www.infotujci.si/v/24/te%C4%8Daji-slovenskega-jezika

I would start first to study by myself and  take courses just to  improve ... in any case you will not understand our speech because  language in life is different from grammar language. It is same case with English  too.
I'm not expat so ..I don't fit to your expectations.
kind regards and good luck

That's great, the links didn't work though? Thanks for your input I really appreciate it, and I think you're right, I'll give it a go on my own for a while and see how I do!

Thanks again!

Hello Mike and welcome to Expat.com :)

To give much more importance to your thread, i have created a new topic with your post on the Slovenia forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Michael, just type 'infotujci'  to google  and  y'll find website ' Informacije za tujce'. Just click it  ....by the way

tujec = foreign (singular)
tujci = foreigners (plural)

and we have dual too  : tujca

But some our translators  prefer to  use the word 'Alien', for example ' Alien Law'....  it sounds to me so funny  because it seems like they  come from the deep space   or directly from starship  Nostromo :)
(little add before you start to learn one of branch of  Slovan  languages

have a great day  Irena

That's so awesome Brja, thanks very much!