Laptop prices

Sorry wasn't quite sure where to post this one.
I need to get a new laptop. MacBook air is what im thinking however not sure whether to get one here in Australia or waiting until I'm in Bahrain mid next month.

What's the price of laptops there and am I better off getting one there because of warranties etc?

Any advice, help appreciated

I am not sure about prices in Australia, but the prices here are slightly more than the prices in the US. For example, a 13 inch MacBook Air costs about US$ 50 more than what it would cost in the US. For warranty purposes, spending about 50$ (~ 19 BHD) more would make more sense.

I suggest that you visit the authorized Apple resellers to help make up your mind:
https://locate.apple.com/bh/en/sales/?a … 13&y=3

Thanks. I was leaning towards the same decision unless the price differnce was vastly more

When I had to get a new laptop I did my looking online and the one I bought was actually about $20 less than retail in the US.  So some will be more, some less, but the danger of it getting smashed in transit would be enough for me to just wait and buy here, even if it was a few bucks more.

I bought a tablet abroad and it turned up in little pieces. Not good

I just bought a top spec laptop last week (not Mac cos I hate Mac and Apple) but it was BD260 with full guarantee. Buying here at least gives you that warranty where as shipping an item abroad normally makes the warranty void

i dont know about laptops but when i enquired about DSLR's in amazon.com , they told me that i could claim middleeast warranty 

note : it was a product which was " Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and price was very cheap compared to bahrain .

Excellent. I'll wait and just get one there. If I got one here i would have brought it over in my hand luggage but I want the peace of mind of the warranty