Violin teacher (kids)

I would be grateful if anyone knows of an inspirational violin teacher for 8 year olds. We have been coached using the Suzuki method and wonder if anyone has any leads to violin teachers in Vientiane. Thank you

NicoleAus wrote:

I would be grateful if anyone knows of an inspirational violin teacher for 8 year olds. We have been coached using the Suzuki method and wonder if anyone has any leads to violin teachers in Vientiane. Thank you

Welcome to the forum.

That is a hard ask. There is a Vientiane Music School on Face Book. I honestly do not know of anyone who teaches violin. You could try contacting the international schools in VT for information as they all have music classes and the expat teachers may know of someone

Good luck

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

There is a music school in Sihom which teaches strings and keyboards.

I am also looking for a violin teacher for an 8-year old. I have seen the signs in Sihom. Grateful if anyone has some experience to share about the Vientiane music school.

I have started to look also .... I got an email response back from Jose Mari Formoso ([email protected]) who has a concert Feb 8. We not in the country but maybe of interest to you. I also been told of Ms Han but dont have her contact details. If you do come across, please could you let me know. Nicky

Thanks. i will follow up and let you know.
Elizabeth

That would be helpful. Thank you

How did you go with finding a violin teacher ??

still looking ....

Sorry to hear that

I have posted on the new members forum to a new member, powerar,  and have asked if he or any of his friends know of a teacher. He is a school teacher so you might get lucky.....

I'm still looking too. A couple of hopeful avenues have fallen through. Dream Music on PhonThan Road have a Korean violin teacher who should be back in three months....

Nicole, I may have a follow up to one of your leads. Can discuss further if you like at elizabethstgeorge[at]yahoo.com

I have also asked a new member, a school teacher, if he can find out anything.
The violin is not something that I see Lao students embracing as an instrument to learn.