Anyone waiting for spousal visa(family immigration) visa approval?

i applied in April 2014

I applied mine last March 2014, and still waiting.. They said the process takes 9 to 12months.. I hope i will receive a good news next month, which is my 9th month of waiting.. I hope you will get the answer very soon as well.. God bless..

I didnt apply for spousal visa but applied for fiance visa in Dec 2013 and still waiting

Hi Rachel, did your fiancee call UDI and follow up your application?

yeah he has been calling, they even called him for interview on 1st Oct 2014,but they keep saying we have to just wait as it couldnt take upto a year

I am afraid the great Norwegian bureaucracy lacks a sense of urgency, unless they want money from you in which case they are surprising efficient.

Rachel,,that's a long time,,but am sure before the year ends ul get,,,I was surprised to get an email from UDI to say that our application is still waiting to be processed,,and that they will be sending monthly updates until our case is finished

yeah hopefully, the waiting is really tiresome

Im just starting,,Was apply two weeks from now..together with my daughter.. I hope you guys already get the answer it's really hard to wait,,

Jhona Hafskjær wrote:

Im just starting,,Was apply two weeks from now..together with my daughter.. I hope you guys already get the answer it's really hard to wait,,

you might be lucky,,some people get their approvals within weeks,,the waiting times are crazy

Hi MO86, give me info if you get an answer,. Next week will be my 3 weeks waiting..

i will,,

Hei!
am from tanzania,
I have some queries since i know you are well informed and experienced, my fianceè and i started the relation in 2012 and in 2013 jan we applied for fiancee permit from my country(Tanzania) we have a lawyer who is representing us in the whole processs, the documents were sent to
Norway on march and my fiancèe received confirmation dtd 26 march, therefore this month 26 is the nineth month! Today on 3rd i have received  email from them that my permit is still waiting to be processed and i will be notified of the updates monthly, before this my lawyer had talked with them last friday that they need to make it fast they had a talk of like one and half hour, and they said they will look on it and thats when i received this email today,
So am quite confused does this email means they wil take more than the actual nine months???and what is the possible result time aftrt they start sending this monthly updates??
I really need your information on that because its quite stressing us alot!!

Hi! I received an email from UDI as well last Nov. 28 that they had not finalized my application yet.. I applied mine last March 16, 2014.. And it will be 9th month already this coming 16th.. I am also having the same question in my mind if does it mean that it will gonna be taking more time to wait for the result.. Or it is giving us hope that we will have the answer exactly on the 9th month.. Because there are recently two ladies who got their application approved on the 9th month.. So i think the UDI are already trying their best to be efficient and give us the result in 9th months if everything is okay in our application. Does your fiancee had an interview with the police? If not, i guess you will receive the answer very soon..

Ooh really??interesting!! Wel my fiancee was never called for an interview! So i hope hope The people who were answered on the nineth month did they receive like the email we received the month they got an answer???

Hi! Anniek10, i would like to know it is the same email below that you received from UDI?                                                                   

Hei
                                                                   Vi er dessverre ikke ferdig med søknaden din ennå

Vi har registrert at fødselsdatoen din er 25.12.82

Bruk referansenummeret ditt 201323534905 (DUF-nummer) hvis du skal kontakte Utlendingsdirektoratet (UDI) eller politiet.

Vi har ikke klart å behandle søknaden din innen den tiden vi tidligere har informert deg om. Vi vil behandle søknaden så snart vi kan, og vi vil si ifra til deg hvis det er noe du kan gjøre for at den skal bli fortere ferdig.

www.udi.no/saksbehandlingstider kan du lese om hvorfor noen søknader tar lengre tid.

Du kan ikke svare på denne e-posten. Ønsker du mer informasjon, se www.udi.no

Vennlig hilsen

UDI

Dear applicant

Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to finalize your application

We have registered your date of birth as 25.12.82

Please use your reference number 201323534905 (DUF-number), if you need to contact the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) or the police.

We have not been able to process your application within the time we previously stipulated. We will finalize your application as soon as we can, and we will let you know if there is anything you can do to speed up the process.

At http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/c … sing-times you can read about why some cases take longer to process.

It is not possible to reply to this e-mail. If you need more information, please see our website: www.udi.no

Best regards,

The UDI

The format is exactly the same only that mine they ddnt say the fail to finish on time, they said it is stil waiting to be processed,
And that they will keep me updated every month until it is processed

I hadn't asked them if they received the same email as we had but i had just read in the thread about fiancee visa that they received their approval on the 9th month.. One lady got the answer last Nov 5, i think and the other one got the answer last Nov. 25.. It is very accurate that they got it on the 9th month.. And their fiancee was not been interviewed in the police..

On march is when you submited at your home country or the date they received in norway????

I had submitted my application in the norwegian embassy where i am currently staying last March 16, 2014.. And i did not received any email from UDI that they had received my application.. But the embassy told me when i submit my application that they will submit it to UDI Norway after 3days or maximum 1 week.. Then they told me that the processing time is 6-8month.. Then i had found out on the 6th month that the UDI has new system and they changed the processing time into 9-12months..

Okwy its quite conplicated i dont know if they wil reply on time or not! But i just hope the letter thing is a good sign or probably the new system!cause what they have said to you and me is different

I am staying in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. But i am a Filipino.. I am currently working here so thats why i submitted my application in this country.. Actually, it would have been easier if i submitted in the Philippines because some they got the answer in three weeks time..

Really?three weeks??but i believe it depends much with the country you are coming from!!how they are related with norway!

Don't worry, just think positive and keep hoping that you will get it very soon.. I will keep on praying that we will get our approval at exactly 9th month.. So we can spend the New Year with our love one..

Yes, in Philippines it is more easy.. If you can read the thread about fiancee visa, you can get a lot of information from people who went through the same process as we are..

Amen for that we pray for one another and we keep eachother updated if we hear anything!!thnks alot dj08 and wish u the best on yours too!

Sure, i will keep you posted as soon as i will get any information from UDI.. We will just wait patiently.. God bless!

Hi guys any updates? I can't believe I already get an answer today that me and my daughter visa approved.. Just 3 weeks.... I thought I need to wait for long time..  I hope you guys had an answer already just keep praying and believe in god..

Hi Jhona!  I am thankful i read your post, I was about to put myself in queue of the long list waiting for approval of fiance visa.  I have just applied earlier and the moment they checked my documents they took it together with my passport and I was wondering if I will wait for 9 months, how about my passport then?  The person in visa section just even asked me one question, is this your first time to apply a visa here? and I said yes, then stamped my passport, forwarded to process and he told me the processing time and heard that 1 to 9 months..oh my!!!

Jhona Hafskjær wrote:

Hi guys any updates? I can't believe I already get an answer today that me and my daughter visa approved.. Just 3 weeks.... I thought I need to wait for long time..  I hope you guys had an answer already just keep praying and believe in god..

Hi Jhona, are you from philippines also?  Did they get your passport too when they took your documents for processing?

Hi shennils i apply residence permit for spouse, i dont know how long if fiancee but i guess its same.. When they interview me they just say i need to Wait for 3 weeks  ...Yes i am from philippines They  also Get my passport.. You Wait for 1 month as they say i hope you will Get a visa then, i guess if there is no problem about the dokument they will approved it already on embassy.. Good luck to you..  :)

Jhona Hafskjær wrote:

Hi shennils i apply residence permit for spouse, i dont know how long if fiancee but i guess its same.. When they interview me they just say i need to Wait for 3 weeks  ...Yes i am from philippines They  also Get my passport.. You Wait for 1 month as they say i hope you will Get a visa then, i guess if there is no problem about the dokument they will approved it already on embassy.. Good luck to you..  :)

thanks so much Jhona!! And yes the lady who took my documents and passport said they will process in a month..hopefully i will have it in a month.. In God's Will..

Hi guys,, has anyone gotten their permits this year?

MO86 wrote:

Hi guys,, has anyone gotten their permits this year?

not yet:-(,am in the 13th month of waiting

I am on the 10th month and 2 weeks.. And did not receive the answer yet.. Did you receive any email of update from UDI? Heard they are very busy when the 2015 starts..

Actually after 5 days of submitting my documents here in Makati, I received an email from the Embassy informing me that my documents were submitted to Norway UDI.  From that moment I started to doubt to have my visa in a short period of time, though the embassy took my passport doesn't give a guarantee that you can get it sooner.  In that same date the UDI sent me message confirming that they received my documents, and that was Dec.18, 2014.  I am now in my fresh stage of waiting.

Shennils wrote:

Actually after 5 days of submitting my documents here in Makati, I received an email from the Embassy informing me that my documents were submitted to Norway UDI.  From that moment I started to doubt to have my visa in a short period of time, though the embassy took my passport doesn't give a guarantee that you can get it sooner.  In that same date the UDI sent me message confirming that they received my documents, and that was Dec.18, 2014.  I am now in my fresh stage of waiting.

wish you luck shennils,hope you don't go through this hell of waiting

Rachel, do you also receive the monthly updates from UDI as well?

MO86 wrote:

Rachel, do you also receive the monthly updates from UDI as well?

hi M086:-)

yeah I do recieve them,and it's the same update every month, that my application is still waiting to be processed

They sent me the same email again 😔,that my application is still waiting to be processed