English Newspaper and scooter

Hi all,

As I will be moving to KL soon, would like to know the leading English newspaper with highest circulation and also the best most preferred 2 wheeler scooter in KL for short distances. (Prices less than 5K MYR)

Dont forget to sort your driving licence out before you arrive.

New rules. Have to get a Malaysian Licence after 3 months.  To do this you need to get your Indian Licence attested:

•Photocopy of the driving license duly attested by CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs New Delhi or its Branch Offices in Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkatta or Gauhati plus one photocopy of the attested copy
•One copy of the passport (first page, last page and current visa page).
•The originals need to be presented for scrutiny.
•Charges: RM 47+ RM 9.50 service fees

With effect from 1 June 2011, the applications for above listed Other Consular Service will be received at Passport and Other Consular Services Application Centre (PCSAC) at the following address on all working days (Monday to Friday) except public holidays from 0830 hrs to 1330 hrs."

Wisma Paradise,
2nd Floor,
No. 63, Jalan Ampang,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Phone number: +60 3 2022 2644
Fax No: +60 3 2022 2645
Name of contact person: Ms. Karthiga

E-mail: info.my[at]blsinternational.net
website:http://blsinternational.com/blsintl/blsindia-malaysia.com/index.php

Processing time and collection

Collection between 1500 hrs and 1700 hrs on 3rd working day from date of submission at the PCSAC.  However in case the passport was not issued in Kuala Lumpur, issue of the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) may take up to four weeks.

As for the bike - I'm unfamiliar with the prices, but thee are motorcycle shops all over the place.

Take a look at Mudah for bikes

Muday.com.my - motorcycles for sale

Not sure what you mean about English newspaper. There are two main ones reporting mainly local and regional news in English (Star and New Straits Times). Both are available online. There are a couple of other ones reporting mainly business news. But its pretty difficult to get a UK newspaper, apart from online.

thank you very much for all the information. After Attestation of the documents, where do we submit these attested documents to get the driving license.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for the info to get the photocopy of driving license attested by MEA - Delhi. I am in the process of doing this.

Need some help. Do I also need to attest it by the Malaysian embassy in Delhi or do I need to attest it iby indian embassy in Malaysia or both. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Read what it says

"Photocopy of the driving license duly attested by CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs New Delhi or its Branch Offices in Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkatta or Gauhati plus one photocopy of the attested copy"

You then take it to the processing company when you get to Malaysia

Passport and Other Consular Services Application Centre (PCSAC)
Wisma Paradise,
2nd Floor,
No. 63, Jalan Ampang,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Once all this is done you take the documents and application form to the nearest JPJ Branch. That depends where you are living and working. The nearest one to KLCC is at Maju Junction.

http://www.jpj.gov.my/en/utama

Hi better you ask the best hospitals and funeral parlours if you intend to use a scooter ;) even if from India it is different here.

There are no real newspapers in Malaysia.