Extracurricular activities in school?

Ok, here is another one: are there any extracurricular activities in any of the public primary schools? Like history or science clubs, music/orchestra/choir, any sports? I haven't decided yet where exactly will we move into - I am a freelancer and my priority is my kids, so we are going to chose our future home town/village depending on the school that would suit best. Thank you in advance for any advise and recommendations.

Public schools do not offer after school activities. There are after school clubs for children of working parents but they more of a babysitting service (they will help with homework, etc) so if you want your children to learn an instrument or sports you will have to pay and take them there.

Thank you Pevi, do you have to pay for the after school clubs too?

my daughter hasnt any at her school, but the local sports centre is great. they have dance football gym swimming etc and really cheap.

yes, you pay for the after school service, but it is very cheap. it is organised centrally so the school provides only the space for it and it is not in every school, but they will take the children by bus to the closest location.