Relocating from Ireland - advise re comparing curriculum

Hi, we are thinking of moving to Malta from Ireland early next year (few months time) with 3 kids who attend primary 1st, 3rd and 5th class. Does anybody on this forum have any experience with transferring their children from Irish school to Maltese school? I know that they follow  UK curriculum and from what I understand the Irish curriculum is little bit behind to the UK one at last as far as maths is concerned (they all catch up in secondary schools here in Ireland I was told). Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Try here ...http://curriculum.gov.mt/en/curriculum/Years-1-to-6/Pages/default.aspx

hi there, did you get any info on this? I'm planning to move this summer & my daughter is currently in senior infants. Any info re. school would be appreciated!  :)

Hiya, no didn't get much info other than that there is LOADS of homework, which is off putting enough for me to not really wanting to move there😕.  I want us to have a little bit less stressful life and loads of homework doesn't really fit the picture ☺️
From what I understand, the curriculum is identical to the English one and they are slightly ahead to irish curriculum, e.g. they start doing times tables in equivalent to our 1st class, here in irelAnd they start in 3rd.
This isn't a whole pile of help to you I'm sure, hopefully you manage to gather more info on the forum. One thing I would say, your daughter has the advantage of being only in infants at the moment, I'm sure it will be easy enough for her to accommodate to new school environment.
The very best of luck on your Maltese adventure! 😊

Oh really?!  :|

Funnily I just saw a  new thread under your message re. homeschooling in Malta! Ha, ,might be an option!

I have emailed the school itself re the curriculum and school holiday dates/schedule so I am hoping they will respond with all the details..

Are you really not thinking of going now because of this?

Thanks for the reply btw :)

I couldn't agree more with you sonka147, my son it's now on year 1 and the amount of homework he brings home it's unbelievable. I really don't understand the need for so much homework, specially for kids at this age.

Thanks for confirming that Mantonas, it's a pity really, doesn't make any sense at all, the studies repeatedly show that homework overload has detrimental effect on children rather then helping to perform better! There is no h/w in Finland or Holland and their schooling system produces more well rounded and able to think/problem solve young people.
Yes Nuala, the h/w overload is enough to reconsider us moving; homeschooling is aparently not legal but also many people are doing it anyway; not sure about that option for ourselves, I think school is good for kids when well run (like our little school at the moment); plus I wouldn't have the patience! 😄