Seeking Info. on San Pedro La Laguna -- Buses, Accomodations, & Guide

My oldest son and I are currently staying in Guatemala City at a friend's place.  We would like to take a bus to San Pedro La Laguna and stay at an inexpensive hotel/hostel.  Also, we would like to find a guide (preferably a Christian who knows the churches in the area). 

My objective in visiting the area is to evaluate it as a potential candidate for establishing residency for my family. We only have one more week in the country to make a decision.

If anyone can be of help in this area, please send me a personal message. 

Respectfully,

Mike

I am currently living in the capital Guatemala,  If you need information how  to move  from the airport to San Pedro,  I can help you.

Honestly speaking...if you are Christians then San Pedro is NOT the place to settle. It is a known drug town and many of the expats are alcoholics or hippies. The ex pat community is not very friendly. Better places to look are in or around Antigua. On the lake there is San Juan, Santiago, Panajachel, San Antonio Polopo but I honestly do NOT recommend San Pedro unless you are into the partying scene which I get the impression you are not.