Can i borrow your australia lonelyplanet?

Hi

Can i borrow your lonelyplanet australia? If you have, drop me a message:)

Im in hcmc

Lonely planet is a great publication ........ if you want to meet a load of tourists in tourist bars, but miss most of the country you intend to visit.

Check your PM.

Hi,
Personally I'd use the google system. Lonely Planet is not up to date, what you read today was probably written and sent to the printers years ago.  TripAdvisor, etc is a good start. Google Maps , agoda booking etc., travel forums for the country, ...these sites have links to information.  hope you enjoy your visit.

I have a e-book version  PM me your e-mail address. It costs what it is worth - nothing. Mien phe.

If you join Scribd, the monthly subscription service for books, you get the first month for free.  Most of the books I want to read are not on Scribd, but the Lonely Planet guides are--which may be an indication of their value!  But at least with Scribd you can search around and find any number of other books about Australia and download those as well as the LP guide.

I read a few years back,  Lonely Planet disgruntled contributing  "authors" had a dispute with the company. A few " whistle blowers " admitted they wrote their articles from information sourced from the Internet . They were Uni students earning a few bucks on the side.   The CEO wanted to sue them for defamation but soon withdrew the threats when the student "authors" could prove that they HAD NEVER visited those countries.  You'd think the guys running that TRAVEL book Company would have thought of that before going to court.  Duh....passports, immigration records etc

ROUGH GUIDES are FAR BETTER than LP.