Any other major costs other than the above to plan my month?

Hi Guys,
My name is Nagendra and am based out of Mumbai, India. I have a job offer to join a reputed pharma company in Dar Es Salaam.  I've been offered a salary of $ 1,900 + Fully furnished house + Car + fuel + electricity etc., Of course, the yearly trips back home or for the family to come to Dar Es Salaam is also part of this package.  If things go fine, I hope to be there just after new year.

Will be extremely grateful if you could please let me know if I have to budget any major costs other than the above to plan my monthly expenditure.

Nagendra_Rao wrote:

Hi Guys,
My name is Nagendra and am based out of Mumbai, India. I have a job offer to join a reputed pharma company in Dar Es Salaam.  I've been offered a salary of $ 1,900 + Fully furnished house + Car + fuel + electricity etc., Of course, the yearly trips back home or for the family to come to Dar Es Salaam is also part of this package.  If things go fine, I hope to be there just after new year.

Will be extremely grateful if you could please let me know if I have to budget any major costs other than the above to plan my monthly expenditure.

Is medical insurance cover included or not ?

For cost of living try this website www.numbeo.com

Hello Nagendra ,

I have created a new topic with your post on the Dar es Salaam forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

Thanks Priscilla.  Will view those for better understanding.

Cheers!!!

Yes Medical insurance is covered but not included in salary.

Hello Priscila/Everyone,

I am newbie at this platform

I have 3 queries, hope you/anyone can give right answer.

1)
I have got offer from one of the Indian Importer based at Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania but they are asking to handover my passport with them,
I know it is illegal, but what is your practical view towards holding the passport by employer.

->Some are saying it is practically right because to safeguard their initial investment in hiring us so that we can not leave the company till the stipulated time (2 years contract)
(There are several incidents where employee leaves the company without prior notice and all expense goes in vain for employer)

->Some are saying it is done by employer to make us their slave and to exploit us

I am confused, please suggest appropriate and commercially feasible/viable answer for it.

2)
They said they will provide me visa on arrival , followed by work permit
-> Some says -It is generally prevalent, that we get visa on arrival and within short time we easily get work permit and extended visa for 2 year after reaching there and we can start working instantly
-> Some says- it is not allowed by government of Tanzania to work without work visa

3)
medical insurance must be provided to employee- Yes/NO?

Please provide realistic view towards these queries.

Thank you,

Amit

Hi Amit,
I'm also in d process of completing these formalities to migrate to Tanzania by 1st week of Jan '15. I don't think handing over passport to your prospective employer is a good idea.

Medical insurance may/may not be provided by your employer depending on how well U negotiate with them.

We'r given a temp work permit basis which we can start work. Work Visa usually takes 2-3 months to be processed is what I'm told.

Other more experienced members of d group may advice if my understanding is incorrect.

Cheers!!!