Best nice place for good internet

I work online and need better than average internet.  I don't need blazing fast but better than average. Most important is that it needs to be reliable.  Dropping out all the time is not acceptable.  Highly variable is not acceptable.  In most places in the world that is not much of a problem these days but the PI is rated as one of the worst for good internet so I need to be more careful there.

With that major requirement.  Where is a good place to live in the PI that is not Manila.  Someplace nice and relaxing with decent infrastructure/shopping etc.  Beach would be nice but not absolutely necessary.  Usually the nicest places are near a beach though.

I was thinking maybe Puerto Galeria might be a possibility.  It is just across the water from where most of the submarine cables to the PI land in Batangas.  From what I have read Batangas doesn't sound very appealing.

I don't want to be paying hundreds of dollars a month for internet either.  Up to $100/month would probably be my absolute upper limit.

You should focus on research related to where PLDT has the fastest service.  You need a landline with DSL or Fiber if possible.  Smart & Globe will not give you consistent results and will be via their wireless systems (using a SIM card).

That's the problem.  There is no information on where PLDT has the fastest service.  Only anecdotal info from blogs such as this one.  If you read their propaganda their service is just awesome everywhere always.  Reading on these blogs I know that's not the case.

I did find some info about fiber lines being put in to Subic bay a few years ago because of a big Korean shipping company there.  Then I read a recent blog post from an expat living there who said that they recently got Fiber to the home service in some areas.  So I am looking at that area now.  There is a landing site for submarine cables north of there near Baguio.  So I would imagine the internet infrastructure between there and Manila would be pretty good and the Subic Bay-Clark airport area is in between those points..

I have looked into living in Baguio a bit as well.  I think I would prefer to be closer to the ocean though.  Also being close to Clark and Manila airports is a big plus for living in Subic Bay for me.