License in Penang Malaysia

Hi,

Can any one help me out with the procedure to get a license here in penang/malaysia. I currently hold a Indian and a US license. I don't have a IDL with me. I would be staying here for 1 year or so. I read at this link jpj.gov.my/web/eng/acceptance-of-foreign-driving-license that you can drive on indian/ us license here but can I use the same for buying a car ? and the link mentions about a letter, where do i get that from ? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

New rules. Have to get a Malaysian Licence.  To do this you need to get your Indian Licence attested:

•Photocopy of the driving license duly attested by CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs New Delhi or its Branch Offices in Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkatta or Gauhati plus one photocopy of the attested copy
•One copy of the passport (first page, last page and current visa page). 
•The originals need to be presented for scrutiny.
•Charges: RM 47+ RM 9.50 service fees

With effect from 1 June 2011, the applications for above listed Other Consular Service will be received at Passport and Other Consular Services Application Centre (PCSAC) at the following address on all working days (Monday to Friday) except public holidays from 0830 hrs to 1330 hrs."

Wisma Paradise,
2nd Floor,
No. 63, Jalan Ampang,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Phone number: +60 3 2022 2644
Fax No: +60 3 2022 2645
Name of contact person: Ms. Karthiga

E-mail: [email protected]
website:http://blsinternational.com/blsintl/blsindia-malaysia.com/index.php

Processing time and collection

Collection between 1500 hrs and 1700 hrs on 3rd working day from date of submission at the PCSAC.  However in case the passport was not issued in Kuala Lumpur, issue of the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) may take up to four weeks.

http://www.indianhighcommission.com.my/ … ml#driving

thanx

If I change my UK Driving license to a Malaysian one will it give me the L license to ride a 250cc motorcycle as the same as I can in the UK without having to take this part of the test.

If you are not a member of Partners in Penang on FB suggest you sign up. There are several gents who will be able to answer your question.