Real Christmas Trees

Hi All, Christmas is coming and we have always had a real Christmas tree and was wondering if anyone can direct us to where we can get one in Malta please? Many thanks

Short answer - no.
What is wrong with an imitation?
Far better for the environment.

having searched this forum to see if there are any previous posts , people including toon suggest that some of the garden centres like  Piscopos garden centre burmaraad  have them but they are usually very expensive , i would think a imitation one would be better as they wouldnt drop needles or go brown very quickly due to the humiditiy

redmik wrote:

Short answer - no.

Far better for the environment?

A real tree is 100% recyclable and when growing provides oxygen and looks good, this compared with  an  artificial tree that requires electricity, plastics, labour and pollutes the atmosphere during production!

"Today's artificial trees are typically manufactured with metal and polyvinyl chloride (PVC), a non-biodegradable, petroleum-derived plastic. In addition, many older varieties may contain lead, used as a stabilizer in the manufacturing process.

Despite their PVC contents, artificial trees are non-recyclable and non-biodegradable, meaning they will sit in a landfill for centuries after disposal.

Furthermore, approximately 85 percent of artificial trees sold in the U.S. are imported from China, according to the National Christmas Tree Association (NCTA), adding to their overall environmental footprint."

Terry

tearnet wrote:
redmik wrote:

Short answer - no.

A real tree is 100% recyclable and when growing provides oxygen and looks good, this compared with  an  artificial tree that requires electricity, plastics, labour and pollutes the atmosphere during production!

"Today's artificial trees are typically manufactured with metal and polyvinyl chloride (PVC), a non-biodegradable, petroleum-derived plastic. In addition, many older varieties may contain lead, used as a stabilizer in the manufacturing process.

Despite their PVC contents, artificial trees are non-recyclable and non-biodegradable, meaning they will sit in a landfill for centuries after disposal.

Furthermore, approximately 85 percent of artificial trees sold in the U.S. are imported from China, according to the National Christmas Tree Association (NCTA), adding to their overall environmental footprint."

Terry

YOU SELLING REAL CHRISTMAS TREES NOW TERRY

I really doubt that real ones are recycled out here. How much 'recyclable' material is? I was thinking form the view of cutting down the tree and then destroying it afterwards, every year, rather than an imitation which can last for many years. However, I take your points.

Toon wrote:
tearnet wrote:
redmik wrote:

Short answer - no.

Terry

YOU SELLING REAL CHRISTMAS TREES NOW TERRY

Yep, Importing them from Cyprus!!

From Cyprus, that's good for carbon footprint then  :whistle:

redmik wrote:

They are being transported on an old wooden sailing ship ( due to arrive in February). :dumbom:

tearnet wrote:
redmik wrote:

They are being transported on an old wooden sailing ship ( due to arrive in February). :dumbom:

I notice you didn't add which year .... :)

tearnet wrote:
redmik wrote:

:D

february eh - must be maltapost.....

Toon wrote:

february eh - must be maltapost.....

I think Malta post are trying to "stamp" out this kind of comment.  ;)

Yea, they got us licked!

wont be fir long though

We'll get done  :offtopic:  by branching off like this, so we'd better stay rooted.

I agree with you Terry !!