Do I or don't I

Hi everyone , just joined the forum , and yes the reason is because i am considering moving out to gibraltar with my family.
I am self employed and have run a I.T / office equipment business since 1996. I also provide solar solutions for the leisure industry and implement this knowledge with CCTV systems.
I am 50 years young with a lovely wife and 13 year old daughter.
Soi if you can advise of the benfits or pitfalls of moving out to Gib i would really appreciate it.
I like to live life to the full and enjoy working for myself and love helping people with repairs and problems other companies just shrug off..
who knows if I do move to gib i may be able to offer assistance to you.
regards
Mark

hi,

its nice here, but very hot in the summers, also property is outer London prices.... an issue will be your daughter settling in in school here! don't sell in UK until you've been here a year, rent to start.... and see how the family adjusts...

Hi avocastreetrandwick.
thanks for your input, i will not be selling up in the UK for a while, would be looking to rent in Gib for the first year or two, then would look at buying somewhere in the third year. easy to say but any purchase of property will depend on pay and living costs etc., think it will be safe to say if i purchase then my family and I would of decided Gib is the place to stay and then would sell up in the UK.
based upon the information and advice i have received from you guys on the forum and other sources living across the border would only be a temporary solution, residing in Gib is the best place to make your home.
once again thanks for your reply. appreciated.
regards
Mark