Contact lenses price range

Hello. My daughter wants to wear contact lenses because she says glasses are not so comfortable. I would like to know the price range of the contact lenses and the cost of the solution if possible (in Mauritius). Also can I have your opinion of which is better- glasses or contact lenses? Thank you for replying.

Hi,

I hope I will be able to provide you with some elements that will help you choose.

My sister is an optician having her own shop in Paris and I asked her the same question once and from what I understood the only advantage of wearing contact lenses over normal glasses is just to a question of comfort. In fact according to me there are more drawbacks than when using glasses as more care should be taken while manipulating them (ex. sanitary measures), the fact that it is in contact with your eyes it increases the risk of bringing unwanted stress to your eyes, the costs is recurrent on a shorter period.

I wear my glasses since 10 years now the frameless glasses are so light and resistant that you sometimes forget that you are wearing them and when you are tired you can remove them.

Again this is my opinion on this topic. I prefer much avoiding that something is put in contact and remove continuously with my eyes and that is why I will recommend the right glasses in terms of size, model and style.

Take care

bye

Hi Laura1234

I am a glasses wearer but also wear lenses when I go out or do sport etc
I am happier in my glasses and wouldn't want to wear lenses all the time, mainly due to the amount of time I stare at a computer for everyday. Some people wear lenses all the time I wouldn't but its personal preference, an optician is probably the best person for some advice.
I recently bought some lenses from Mathieu Opticians, I've always had sight tests etc there. I buy the daily disposables as that's what suits me and 1 months worth was Rs3000, I do have a fairly high prescription and one of my lenses needed ordering which took a while. They have some really nice fashionable frames in there too so may be your daughter could be persuaded to use glasses for a while and think about lenses at a later time.
That may give you an idea on price so hope it helps.

Hi, I'm a regular contact lenses user, and I did my first order for contact lenses in Mauritius last week at Bagatelle. I ordered a pair of Color Look (if i'm not mistaken about the brand) contact lenses, it's colored, and I can use it for 3 months period for 1200 MUR, I guess the price might varies depends on the opticians. The delivery time is approximately 1 month :) Hope this can help.