Who is from Quang Ngai city

During my train travel from Da Nang back to Ho Chi Minh, I happen to stop by at Quang Ngai for a short time. The city is small and like a village but is very close to the Railway Station. I managed to take a ride around the place for an hour on taxi. Surrounding areas are mainly agricultural farms but is also close to the beach. I do not see any big buildings or malls or any foreign franchises in the vicinity.

;)  I know one guy from that place who manages an accounting firm and gave me head ache !
If you want I shall attach his ID card copy and details. His company is in Bin Thanh district.
Anyway, we ousted him with the help of police and got back all our company documents including the tax token.
He really looks and behave like a gangster  :)  But that time I rise up and become an 'Indian Gangster'  :)
Sorry my Quang Ngay good people. There will be a 'bad guy' in each family, right?

Well sorry to hear that you in trouble with that accountant. I have been in business and comes across many not honest people. Good you get rid of them. Interesting place though but is quite remote and very quiet place. I mean Quang Ngai is more behaving like a village then a city, as not much happening here. i did not see any big stores or foreign own enterprise here. Probably not even a cinema. All this will have to be experience in Da Nang.

No, he is not an accountant but the Director of that accounting company which outsource their people to other companies. He never happened to see the class room, I think.  A real gangster absconded from Quang Ngai to HCMC.

sensesofvietnam wrote:

Well sorry to hear that you in trouble with that accountant. I have been in business and comes across many not honest people. Good you get rid of them. Interesting place though but is quite remote and very quiet place. I mean Quang Ngai is more behaving like a village then a city, as not much happening here. i did not see any big stores or foreign own enterprise here. Probably not even a cinema. All this will have to be experience in Da Nang.

Did you enjoy your sleep in the taxi?, QN has 2 big Supermarkets, ( Co-op mart is one ), several good size markets, one 3 level, recently rebuilt after a big fire. 2 small Movie theaters, Your driver probably thought as you are from a big city, WHY would you go another city to see the same crap as in any other city, most tourists want to see the beautiful beaches, waterfalls, and mountains around here, Minorities only 40kms away,  ( but due to the lack of English being spoken here, usually can't find them ), not to drive around a noisy, crowded " city ", ( QN only received its " city '' status a few years ago ), BTW it even has an airport, ( consisting of an old runway, which is presently used as a training ground for learner car/truck drivers. lol )
My advice for anyone visiting small places like this , is to go on a site like this one , and ask about it FIRST????, that way your trip could be much more interesting.

I happen to meet a person that speaks English as I got off the Train. Recommended a few places to eat. I would say I have a few really good eats here in Quang Ngai.  My breakfast , consist of fish noodle soup and is just a very light and satisfying. Lunch at a chicken rice restaurant which is a clean and busy place. The whole time I was at the shop only saw one foreigner. The chicken rice and chicken salad was the best I ate in Vietnam. This must be famous here as never tasted anything quite like it in other parts of Vietnam. I belief there are other great places to eat but did not have the time.

For those interested in taking a look at Quang Ngai, check out sensesofvietnam.blogspot
Really feel like a town or village more then a city status. But there have the chicken rice and beef noodle that is wonderfully good. Food enthusiast may be interested if around the area.

sensesofvietnam wrote:

For those interested in taking a look at Quang Ngai, check out sensesofvietnam.blogspot
Really feel like a town or village more then a city status. But there have the chicken rice and beef noodle that is wonderfully good. Food enthusiast may be interested if around the area.

It all starts to taste the same as any other food in VN after a few years.   Things have changed heaps since you were here Senses, they have nearly finished the 4 lane motorway to My Khe beach, ( not the one in Da Nang ), plus new buildings everywhere, you'll probably find it hard to believe there are still poor people in VN after being here.
There also housing estates popping up, the price of land has skyrocketed. ( And plenty of new English Language Centres ).
  Google earth also has many photo's of QN and it's surrounding area's.. Taken by locals.

You are correct in a way about fast pace development but general population are getting by. The reason is many investments are funded by Oversea companies. I personally know of a Singaporean company that developing some land and condos in Quang Ngai. A Russian company that is exploring oil in the area. Is the foreigner that are investing in Quang Ngai and one day it looks more like city then a village?

I live in a Village, ( commune ), so anything the size of QN is a city to me. I thought about buying one of these house/land packages, but if you know the Pommie TV show called " Coronation St " you will know what I mean, it reminded me of battery cage hens, I wondered how thick the walls were.
Dung Quat near here is the major industrial estate for QN province, ( oil refinery, Hyundai, etc ), so a few different nationalities getting around now. Many VN's have gotten rich in these land/house deals as well.